SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 03:22:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News on 12 oz glass!  (Read 3371 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: July 27, 2010, 12:52:48 pm »

My son and I are doing a bottle and can drive at the local Buschs Supermarket this Saturday to raise money for our Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk. I just stopped in to see the manager and noticed that they are now carrying Fanta from Mexico in glass along with Coke. I asked him about it and he told me that on Monday he will have:

RC Cola
A&W
7Up
And Sunkist in 12oz glass!  Don't know if that will be from Mexico but it will be glass!

Price is a buck a bottle which is a little high but not too bad.

Hopefully it is coming to stores near everyone soon!

Tim
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 08:36:51 pm »

Did he say why they are starting to carry them? I'm just curious if their demand is up? Our local Costco had the Mexican Cokes, then they didn't, and I was stoked to find them back again last week.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:46:06 pm »

Hi,Tim

Buy them While You Can !!! Wal-Mart Teased me with the Same AW/7UP/Sunkist/Big red ALL in Glass Bottles I bought the Crap out of them Then 2 Months Later All Gone Not Coming Back $@$@&

I posted abought them awhile Ago Can't Rember Now .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:52:25 pm »

According to the store manager, the Mexican Coke and Fanta are selling so well that the local distributor decided to start selling the other products in glass to get in on the action.  Not sure how much truth there is to that but what the heck.  It will be interesting to see how long they have them but I will be there on Monday picking up a few cases!  Our local Costco has had the Mexican Cokes for a while now and they have about as much of that on display as the canned American Coke.  With Costco, it is all what sells.  So I try to keep a case or two on hand just in case they pull it.

I think it will just be cool to have my CAV USS 64 full of 6 different types of glass bottles--I already have some 8 oz Sprites in there!  Unfortunately at 35 cents a bottle, I am losing money on every sale.  Maybe I will make a profit on volume! laugh Cool biggrin

drinking Tim drinking

For the Michigan Mafia and those in Northern IN and OH, here is the Buschs web-site with theit locations:

http://www.buschs.com/storelocations/index.php

They range from Tecumseh and Carleton in the South to Pinckney in the West to Rochester Hills in the East.
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 11:10:25 pm »

At a grocery store, it is easy to talk to a manager or somebody who knows about ordering. I did that at our Wegmans and got them to price Cheerwine by the case instead of just the 6pack. But at Costco, you can't get anybody in the store who knows about the products they get in  or who even cares. We did talk to the guy who was stocking and he just said, "It all depends on whatever comes in on the truck".  I doubt if it is that simple, but for now they carry the Coke and it seems to sell.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:15:47 pm »

I think it will just be cool to have my CAV USS 64 full of 6 different types of glass bottles--I already have some 8 oz Sprites in there!  Unfortunately at 35 cents a bottle, I am losing money on every sale.  Maybe I will make a profit on volume!

Can't your mech on the 64 be set to a higher denomination? Maybe you have one of the old style NRI mechs in it??

At a grocery store, it is easy to talk to a manager or somebody who knows about ordering. I did that at our Wegmans and got them to price Cheerwine by the case instead of just the 6pack. But at Costco, you can't get anybody in the store who knows about the products they get in  or who even cares. We did talk to the guy who was stocking and he just said, "It all depends on whatever comes in on the truck".  I doubt if it is that simple, but for now they carry the Coke and it seems to sell.

I am sure that is correct. All of their supply is computer generated...coorporate KNOWS what they sell and need! All the stores need to do is inventory once or twice a year.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:17:26 pm by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 12:06:48 am »

Can't your mech on the 64 be set to a higher denomination? Maybe you have one of the old style NRI mechs in it??

Oh yeah, it can go up to $1.15 but I don't want to take all of the kids money!  laugh  I'm not in it to make money.  At least at 35 cents, they are not drinking pop all day long!  I don't mind them having a few every now and then but I had to hide the key in a different spot because the coin box was coming up a little light!  oh

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: