SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 02:23:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pretty cool 1930's candy machine  (Read 7409 times)
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 12:35:50 am »

Have him put it in a padded envelope and put a 42 cent stamp on it. They might not catch it at the post office. oops I've never priced anything at a pack and ship place. I guess NAVL has gone up quite a bit.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 09:49:57 am »

I might go for it. I have a cousin in WA that would pick it up for me and drop off at a dock. I used to have a stoner jr long ago and sold it. Kicking myself for that. They are cool machines. I like this one, if real and he comes down on price.

B

Brian  happydrinkers
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 02:04:12 pm »

Brian,
Just be aware that is is missing the original mirror and Mirror brackets that it originally came with... it took me a few looks to figure out "what was wrong with it".. but look at my photos of the unrestored one  I had.. it is suppose to have a round mirror with two special cast peices that hold it on...

Just my 2cents...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 09:56:08 pm »

Yea, I see. Those parts could be made if another machine was found and someone let you borrow the pieces to make the parts. Looks like molds could be made and then the parts reproduced.

Brian  happydrinkers
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 10:19:26 pm »

Yes, suppose the could, just depends on how much one wants to sink into the machine... cost wise..
I sold my unrestored machine to a guy, just for the parts as his was missing them and it was going to cost him more to "remake the parts" compared to buying my machine.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: