SMC Discussion Areas
June 24, 2024, 08:40:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now, what do i do.  (Read 6830 times)
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 10:42:35 am »

I would say anywhere between 1500-2500 depending on how much the bidder actually wants it.  Personally I would be on the low end of that figure but I've seen a lot of bidding wars on ebay recently
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 11:15:05 am »

Jeff Walters book says that the Vendo 81 A in average unrestored condition is worth $1,650 and restored it is worth $4,450. The best thing about the V81's as you know they can vend multiple selections at the same time and can vend about any size bottle. The 81's here in the states are really drying up and prices are going through the roof. Think of it as an investment. The 81 is only going to skyrocket in value. WHile the 39 will go up in value but nothing like an 81.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 06:47:17 pm »

i passed on a 81A about a year or so ago for $1,200, It was complete and a real sloppy resto was done on it. I kick myself everytime I think about it. I want a A and a B model for my collection. My D is almost done and it needs some company.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 02:54:43 am »

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

I have e-mailed the chap back and he wants £1500 for the machine. My brother may well be interested but I think that prce will just a bit too much.

Could someone plse confirm that the V-81 will vend the plastic bottles that you can buy in modern vending machines. hey are about the only type of bottle I can readily get hold of here in the UK.

How does the whole vending process work?? Is it done on trust?? What stops the buyer helping himself to the whole selection??

Thanks

Dave
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 06:19:38 am »

Dave,

I can't speak to your plastic bottle question, but I can about the vending process.  Once the coin is accepted and the handle turned, a linkage will turn a release mechanism at the bottom of the bottle stack.  This releases the lock on the bottle gates.  Only one gate can be operated at a time.  Once the gate is pulled forward and a bottle removed, the gate will shut once the bottle is out.  When the gate shuts, the whole mechanism locks again.  The gate will shut with a pretty strong return spring.

There isn't much clearance in there, so stealing multiple bottles (especially in public) would be tough, as trying to hold open the gate would be very hard.  I don't think you could hold the gate up and pull a bottle at the same time (you'd smash your fingers).  The gate is on top of the bottle, I think.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 09:08:34 am »

Hi Wayne

thanks for that. Its very difficult to visualise what happens when you have never seen a machine in the flesh.
I thought there must ave been more than trust involved.

Dave
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: