SMC Discussion Areas
June 16, 2024, 03:06:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Red bull  (Read 3162 times)
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« on: October 06, 2005, 08:12:27 am »

Hello

I am getting ready to take my VMC 56 to my office to sell product to my employee's.  The VMC 56 will be converted to a can machine for now & I wanted to report that the can rack will despense Red Bull just as well as a canned soda. The Red Bull Cans are a little longer than a standard soda can but they work fine.

I will start with 3 rows of Mountain Dew, 2 rows of Pepsi, 1 row of Red Bull & 1 row of Diet Coke for myself.  

I will price the soda at 50 cents & the Red Bull at $1.50. The extra $1 will be on the honor system.

I hope it works out.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:49:23 am »

Kevin,

That's good to know about the Red Bull fitting the machine.  I've got a can machine, too (the one you sent me the sign for) and I'm hopefully getting it from the painter soon.  

Another tidbit along the same lines is I stocked my Cavalier 51 with Yoo-Hoo.  The Yoo-Hoo bottle is 7/8" shorter than the 8 oz. Coke bottle, so I cut spacers out of PVC and inserted a spacer in the back of the bottle tube.  This way, the bottle sticks out far enough to depress the sold-out lever, allowing a vend.  Again, sort of off your original topic, but your topic made me think of it.

Thanks again for the Red Bull info.  It's good to know the skinnier cans work.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 08:52:10 am »

It's good to have a machine at work.  So far the honor system has seemed to work out pretty well for me.  Good luck, glad to hear that the Red Bull fits.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 11:07:10 am »

Hey

I dont drink Red Bull due to all the sugar but some of the guys live by that stuff.

I had thought about taking a second bottle machine to the office for beer but I am little afraid of that option. My guys all drive my company trucks & then if we  had a beer I would be opening myself up for problems.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 11:16:38 am »

Hello

I had thought about making my V126 a combo machine by installing a bottle rack out of a V56/63 along with one of my can racks. I did make a few quick measurements & I think I could make it work by removing the vend solenoid from one of the racks. This rack would then be set to free vend & the lower rack could be set to coin vend or free vend.  Maybe I will investigate this option when the cool weather is here.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
glassbottlesrule
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 02:55:50 pm »

Kevin,

I've been toying with this idea myself.  I have a 154 which is the same height as the 126.  I've just done half-a**sed measuring so do not quote me on this.  It seems like both stacks would fit with the solenoids if you took the top shelf out.  I was going to rig up a switch so you could decide cans or bottles.  There are tons of nice industrial panel mount selector switches out there that would like stock if it was mounted on the door with some nice decaling.  As a side note Does anyone out there have a spare can stack/shelfs for a 56?  I don't have one can machine in the house and was thinking of converting my 56 to cans.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 04:33:35 pm »

G B Rule

I think you are correct about the upper shelf having to be removed. One issue is the alignment of the vending shelves into the bottle/can racks. I would hate to lose a row but maybe if we removed the upper storage shelf I could add a new vending shelf.

Send me a note I now have two can racks (1 installed & 1 on hold) plus I have another load of V-63 can machine parts on the way to me.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print