SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 01:20:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new phone book is here!  (Read 6809 times)
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 11:19:14 am »

That is the coin box. It slides into the bottom of the coin door.  The coins drop into it after you activate the flapper.

Greg
00Dawg
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 11:26:47 am »

Perfecto.  Looking now at how this was shipped, I should be grateful that piece made it over here. 
00Dawg
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 05:21:17 pm »

Well, opening the door was indeed a chore.  A 3/8" wouldn't cut it, so I went with the 10mm.  I got some movement, then the rust gave way and it was semi-stripped.  I ended up using some electrical tape to thicken things up and some particular application of angles to move it the rest of the way.  Finally I got it where I could pull the door off the final thread.....won't be closing it again with that lock on there.
The bottom gasket on the door is coming off, and there is some more rust visible inside.  It's in decent shape for being 50 years old and used that whole time, but it does look like I'm in the market for a door.

At the moment, I have three questions:
1.  Is the lower compartment where you pre-cool bottles or something?  Just curious about that.
2.  Having left the top lid open for a while, I realized some water had dripped out from inside the lid and under the gasket.  Sign of anything I should be concerned about?  As far as I know, this wasn't exposed to the elements on the way over, so it almost has to be leftover condensation, and I'm guessing having that in the lid isn't necessarily desirable.
3.  In the very bottom of the interior, the drain hole is pretty clogged (see pic).  Anything special I should know before I try to detach the drain hose and poke it through?

00Dawg
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 09:18:08 am »

The parts from fun-tronics arrived yesterday.  I'm installing their latch, and if anyone wants to share recommendations on screw size, material, whether to use self-tapping, and/or the need to put any sort of gasket material on the door first, I'm all ears.  If things go well, I'll get to do this again on a better door before long. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: