SMC Discussion Areas
July 03, 2024, 02:38:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago SHow Question  (Read 6785 times)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 10:33:54 am »

Hershey is mainly a car show though. We went last year when we had our '67. Like Curtis said, it can take a long time to go through and it's a lot of walking, but I think it might only be worth it if you are into cars and car parts too. Advertising and soda pop stuff is there, but it's a small part. I wish there was a show that was focused on advertising/coin-op that was closer than Chicago, but I guess only so many can be supported.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 11:24:19 am »

I heard from a collector in Romeo Michigan that they require you to have a permit to sell in the parking lot on Friday.  I saw his invoice and it's $210 for this permit, and $240 after Oct 14th.  He said they have a guy walking around on Friday asking you to display your permit if you are selling things, or quit selling.  Apparently, people only attend the parking lot sale on Friday (because it's free) and buy what they want outside on Friday instead of paying the fees on the weekend inside.  It must be hurting attendance inside on the weekend.

Any truth to this enforcement?  Who attended last year?  Did they just start doing this?

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 04:44:11 pm »

I've gone for a few years and I don't think outside sales hurts attendance... as you will be shoulder to shoulder inside for the first couple hours.... Outside vendors are mostly the inside vendors setting up stuff outside waiting to set up inside... there are few expections... some may just have a trailer/pickup truck full, some don't want to pay the high indoor fees to set up... but it's all good.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:04:02 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 04:56:26 pm »

When is this show?  Is there a website that shows all the info?  Thanks.

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 05:51:46 pm »

When is this show?  Is there a website that shows all the info?  Thanks.
On the SMC home Page, there is an Upcoming Events Calendar on the right side that displays related events that are coming soon...
I make a conscious effort to keep this information accurate and up to date.

The show website is: http://www.chicagolandshow.com

My six cents,

Jim

Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 07:30:05 pm »

Jim,
   Thanks for the information.  I guess I don't spend much time at the SMC page, but more on here.  I'll take another look at the upcoming events.  Thanks again.

Ken

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 11:48:17 am »

I heard from a collector in Romeo Michigan that they require you to have a permit to sell in the parking lot on Friday.  I saw his invoice and it's $210 for this permit, and $240 after Oct 14th.  He said they have a guy walking around on Friday asking you to display your permit if you are selling things, or quit selling.  Apparently, people only attend the parking lot sale on Friday (because it's free) and buy what they want outside on Friday instead of paying the fees on the weekend inside.  It must be hurting attendance inside on the weekend.

Any truth to this enforcement?  Who attended last year?  Did they just start doing this?

Yes they do charge to sell on Friday... The whole Parking lot that is closest to the show area is blocked off just for vendors... you pay 210.00 to reserve a spot inside that area... most of them are the folks that will be selling outside, but if you just want to set up for friday you pay the 210.00 (the inside folks pay more).

the other parking lots in the area are just parking, no selling and are pretty far away from the selling arena...

It's really like two shows.. the Friday outside show is usually the rougher , unrestored items.. .where as inside is usually restored and restored and super rare items... but you'll find both in either location as well.. It's free to shop on Friday outside, but costs 50.00 to get inside on Friday.. otherwise it's 7 bucks to get in on Sat/Sun.

I have an outside vendor spot this year as well, and if your feel like bringin a machine or something to sell.. contact me and we can make arrangements for you to get it in my outside booth!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2011, 03:06:50 pm »

I know there is a bunch of us going to Chicago next month but is anyone going to Kane Cty or the cash register show?

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 10:01:13 pm »

Hi Matt
  Kane County is dead. I'll be at the cash register show on thursday though. I'll be in early this show, hopefully tuesday evening, but leaving Friday afternoon. Not setting up inside at this show either. Looking forward to thursday evening dinner, that's the highlight of the show for me.
   Tom

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: