SMC Discussion Areas
June 29, 2024, 11:04:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lacross burning smell  (Read 8610 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:50 am »

I would try to replace the wiring inside but there is no wiring diagram in the machine so I have no idea what goes where. I guess I could tag each wire and tag the terminal on the switches that they go to and make a new wiring harness.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:48:31 am by scalebowler » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 09:05:35 pm »

Ok I looked at it today and found that the coin mech stopped working because the fuse on the logic board blew and I believe that my vending problems may have been caused from when I slid the vending gate back in the wiring harness had fallen back a little bit and was pulling on the wires so when it was slid back in the connector slid off of one of the switch terminals and I think that was telling it to dump out a can automatically. Going in tomorrow with my screwed up coin mech that dumps out all the coins to test to see if the vending problem has been fixed. I do think we might need a new coin mech though or at least a new logic board.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 12:57:28 am »

Ok I got the coin mech back up and working and since we decided to just forget about it and run on 3 selections instead of 4 I swapped out the vending gate that I had to modify to get the origional solenoid to fit with the other vending gate and then hooke everything back up and you know what? IT WORKED!!!! All 4 selections are now up and running! I found out that the problem I was having was caused by a stupid wire connector that when I slid the vend gate back into the machine it pulled on the connector and would unhook it and when I swapped out the gates I ended bending the terminal a lot more and pulled the wiring harness out a little bit so I had more slack in the wires and it is all working.
indymanjoe

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 06:34:08 am »

nice to hear ya got it running again!and what the problem was. drinking
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: