SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 02:24:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lacross burning smell  (Read 8600 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: June 28, 2011, 07:16:17 pm »

I had just gotten back from my vacation when the first thing I was told at work was that the pepsi machine was not taking any money and that it smelled weird. Well I went over to check it thinking that the coin problem was just a jammed can and the smell was the cap of colorox that I put in the drip pan. Well it turned out to be something much more than that. The second I opened the inner door I was hit by this burned electronics smell. The machine accepted cans but after some quick tests (did not have any tools to check any electronics on me so I could only see what vended and what did not) I found that the last selection does not vend so I am thinking that maybe one of the solenoids decided that it was done and burned up but I am not 100% sure. Is there anything else I should check? The burning smell was the strongest inside the refrigerated area and the evaporator fan is still running and the machine is still cooling so I think the thermostat and fan should be good. If anyone has any ideas of parts inside to check please let me know.
Thanks
Alex
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:02:08 pm »

You've toasted your vending solenoid. possibly due to a stuck vending credit relay, or the coinmech.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:02:09 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 02:24:34 am »

The solenoid was origional to the machine so it was proboly ready to go out. Now I need to find one of those solenoids that is the correct fit instead of the one I got before where I had to do some modifications to the vend gate to make it work (different gate than the one that just went out)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 04:19:21 pm »

I did some work on the machine today and I really don't know what is going on. I replaced the solenoid and then did a test run on it and when ever the machine got enough change it would automaticly vend out of that selection. That was no big deal since that happens when ever I pull out a vend gate since all of the wires are practicly the same color since they are old and the color has come off of most leaving them white or black if they are dirty. Well after switching the wires the selection would not do anything and after 4 hours of trying to figure it out the coin mech decided it wanted to quit working so now I have no idea how to fix this machine and it is really kind of frustrating since it should not be this hard to fix it. It almost makes me think that something really bad happened when that solenoid burned out. I also don't feel right having my boss pay me to work on the machine this time since I really don't know what is wrong. Anyone have any ideas of what it could be? I have the manual but that is only good for figuring out how parts go together since according to the manual the switch in the vend gate does not exist and naturally there is no schematic on the inside of the machines door.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 02:17:15 am »

I really am not sure what to do with the machine now. I replaced the solenoid which was burned out but it still does not work and to top it off the coin mech quit working too. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could look for now or would it be a better idea to just start looking for another machine?
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 07:56:29 am »

Does it work with a free vend switch?
If so, you may just need a new mech.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 07:58:32 am »

I could probably help , but I'd have to see the machine in person (unfortunately) it's not easy trouble shooting via chat & pictures, you've got have some hands on at some point when things get messy.  

Also note that some Lacrosse machines have small circuit breakers along the sides of the vending relay housing, one may have popped.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:00:27 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 03:04:22 am »

Thanks guys I will try to check that stuff out this week. I really appreciate the help
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 04:31:15 pm »

Checked the electrical box where the jones plug hooks up and that is a mess in there. All these different colored wires going every which way with some wire nuts and there are even a few that are taped. Did lacrosse machines ever have schematics on the inside of the door like other machines because this one does not and the schematics in the manual do not match the parts that are inside the machine I am working on. For example I have a switch on the vend gates that according to the manual does not even exist.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 09:54:21 pm »

Well if there are wire nuts and taped connections someone has tried to "fix-it". Wiring is pretty much the same on all machines. May be better off to just replace everything.
Creighton
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: