SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 04:34:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on deciding what theme to make a transitional VMC 81  (Read 7132 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 12:23:01 am »

If Heather is a Pepsi fan, then Pepsi it should be; however, it is a generic machine and I think something generic would be more appropriate - Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Frostie Root Beer, Dad's Root Beer...

If it is a keeper, then resale souldn't matter so much. You are doing the restoration yourself, so it is getting done inexpensively (compared to farming out).

Why not just let her pick?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 09:27:12 am »

If Heather is a Pepsi fan, then Pepsi it should be; however, it is a generic machine and I think something generic would be more appropriate - Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Frostie Root Beer, Dad's Root Beer...

If it is a keeper, then resale souldn't matter so much. You are doing the restoration yourself, so it is getting done inexpensively (compared to farming out).

Why not just let her pick?
I like Toms Idea... Let her pick! it will go a long way for your Soda Machine collecting, and might get her into a bit more too! biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 10:05:40 am »

Josh,

If you let her pick, it includes her in the process and makes her "part-owner" in it and it's creation. All of this equals a possible open door into all-things coin op!! Think of it man!!!  tounge laugh

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 11:54:51 am »

Well I let her pick and she wants it to be 7up. She likes the white color. Its not my first pick but at least it is easy to paint. Her second choice is Pepsi but since our kitchen is mostly red and white I think the 7up will be best. thank you everyone!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 01:57:17 pm »

WOW!  The guy has only married for a week and he already knows the rules! biggrin Cool laugh

Happy wife, happy life!!!  Don't forget that Josh!

drinking Tim drinking
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 08:46:45 pm »

Well I have always wanted a 7up machine anyway. I really like white. However I am also looking at a 7up c-33 that I may pick up in a few days. She wants a small machine so that may be what she wants more. The v81 may go on the back burner and hopefully it may be the second machine in the house! I have a perfect spot next to my lazyboy in the living room. That would be perfect! Even heathers sister asked her the other day why we didn't have a machine in the house yet. She rolled her eyes and changed the subject  biggrin
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 09:50:39 pm »

I dunno... I waited until my wife went out one night, had a buddy come over and we carried my V63 down into the basement after I was told no.. Since then, 6 arcade games and a popcorn machine have joined it...  biggrin

But then again, I guess the basement is easier to get away with...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 06:23:40 am »

Josh,

Does that 7up C-33 happen to be in Bloomington, IN??  biggrin It's about 25 minutes from me and about 10 minutes from my old house that you delivered that Cavalier 55 to about 4 or 5 years ago.

I went and looked at it yesterday afternoon, I've been watching it on Craigslist for about a week now. The lady mentioned that she had been talking with a guy that just got married and was only allowed to have one machine in the house at one time!  laugh

She also mentioned to me that her and her "partner" were seriously considering keeping the machine and would talk it over last night. Not quite sure if that was an attempt to try to get me to make an crazy offer right then or what!

If you are seriously interested in it, I will back off. Let me know.

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 08:29:31 am »

Its me. I don't care either way if you want it. what was your offer?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: