SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 10:37:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on deciding what theme to make a transitional VMC 81  (Read 7150 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: June 14, 2010, 11:29:55 am »

I have a nice transitional VMC 81 that I am going to restore very soon (Thanks to Pat for letting me get it and thanks to Mznb1u and seven181 for getting it to me! this site Rocks! This is a keeper and will go in my kitchen. The machine was originally Faygo machine and was turquoise and white. Its really cool looking but I am afraid that if I ever do decide to sell it I will not be able to get my money out of it since Faygo is not very popular outside of Michigan. I really want to do it in yellow and do a 1950's theme RC Cola like the round top V81 but the wife doesn't want a yellow machine in the house. I think it would look really cool. I could do it in red and white and do the 60's colors for Rc Cola, but again resale will not be easy as it is not very collectable Rc Cola theme. I know I don't want to do Coke however Pepsi would be nice and Heather's favorite drink is Pepsi. (she even keeps a bottle of Pepsi on her nightstand next to the bed every night)

Everyone please chime in and give me ideas and opinions. I have attached pics. The first is of the machine as it was wen I got it. The second is of a similar machine in my machines original Faygo theme. And third is a VM 56 transitional machine in the red Rc Cola theme that I had a few years ago. I am leaning toward either a blue and white Pepsi theme like a lot of Pepsi 81's are being restored or painting it all White and doing 7up. I attached pics of round top Vmc 81's  I borrowed these from the soda machines section of SMC. This transitional machine is exactly like a round top 81 except the corners are round. My machine is generic and not embossed so I can do anything. Please give me your ideas and suggestions

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 11:36:25 am »

More pics. I love the RC Cola but it will be hard getting Heather to let it in the house. Like the other two a lot also and Heathers favorite is Pepsi. I just don't know if it would be the best idea for resale. Its not being done to flip but I am sure some day I will sell it and I don't want to loose money. thats not my #1 concern in doing this machine though. Just please no one suggest Coke  biggrin I am tired of Coke and don't want to build this machine in it.

the Faygo would look really cool but I am afraid of not being able to get vinyl logo's
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:41:28 am »

I'm partial to Faygo, and i think JohnieG could assist  with the decals, but you're right, outside of the  area it's an anchor.
so that said, I vote Pepsi, and thanks Josh, you gave me an idea,

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 12:26:27 pm »

I think Pepsi, two-tone, would look great! Then again, I'm all about trying to keep the peace!!  biggrin

Brian
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 01:31:32 pm »

Here Is a Thought  how about a Orange Crush   oh   it's a blank slate,  if done right it would look great  smile.

Thats what I did with a slider  smile.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:58:04 pm »

Hey Josh, my favorite scheme is the Faygo...love the turquoise and white!  I will have one someday.  

However, if her favorite is Pepsi, then I would make the first machine in the house her favorite!  Might allow for more in the future!   smile  The 2-tone blue and white would look great, and so would solid blue (like Signguy's Barq's avitar).  As BrianB said...keep the peace!  I'm trying to get a small cooler now to do in Brandie's favorite...Sun Drop.  It goes a long way!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:59:44 pm by GreginTex » Logged

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
milkmachineman

Big or Small Collect 'em all.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 02:16:53 pm »

I'd go orange crush if it were mine... but I think if her favorite is Pepsi then Pepsi it is!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 03:19:41 pm »

I like the Red/White RC machine... I've always liked that color scheme and the Nehi on the side.. I planned on doing a 56ST that same scheme, but it still sits in my shed in pieces..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 04:44:23 pm »

You might want to consider what bottles in your area are readily available and will fit.
As you know the Pepsi 33 is a nice machine but no one wants to vend coke bottles out of a Pepsi machine.
         Aside from that, I think the Orange Crush machine has a look to it that really sets it apart from the rest.

Glen
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 11:54:34 pm »

Josh,

I like the Faygo scheme but I am another one of the biased Michigan Mafia.  Of course, there are six Faygo flavors available in the old 12 oz glass bottles that would work in that machine!

But based on your new bride favoring Pepsi, that machine might look good in the old dark blue and white pepsi scheme.

drinking Tim drinking
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: