SMC Discussion Areas
June 26, 2024, 03:57:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally, can scratch sometihng off my wish list!  (Read 9177 times)
Pat Pixley
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 05:20:18 pm »

Wow Jim I'm glad you made it over the bridge of Death (Thank god you knew your name your quest and you did not say your favorite color was blue  laugh)

Congrate on that  now you can bring it over and store it a my  storage area  biggrin.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 05:42:13 pm »

I wish i could say the story was exciting,  with the German Army  chasing the  truck, or I replied to  an ad that listed a 1946 record player/jukebox,  and was in the barn since  the ladies son brought it home the day before he went off to war, and died in  action.

I hace Coinopwarehouse  as a fan on Facebook.   i've bought parts from  Lloyd, who owns the company before, he is a straight shooter, and a great guy, and and finds the coolest stuff. If it has a coin slot, Lloyd prolly has it,  or knows where one is, or prolly has parts for it.
Anyway, I've lkost  out on bids and Craiglist postings for a few years, so decided to concentrate  on  the projects already on the table.  Lloyd  mentioned in a posting  he had  just bought a complete  1015 in Ohio, and posted a pic. Cabinet wise and mechanically, it was all there, including the  oft missing coin mech.  I asked him  what he expected to offer it for, and  while it was a great price for a solid 1015, it just wasn't that doable wallet wise, Christmas on the horizon, trying to  find and  buy a house, and a yearly  game room auction was scheduled (well it was yesterday) .

i mentioned the 1015 in passing to my friend and business partner, sighed, and  left it at that. Unknown to me, Randy  called Lloyd about parts for a Seeburg C we are restoring, asked about the Wurly, and called me back asking if I wanted it. Well yeah, i did, but but it would have to wait for another time, or I'd have to hit the lottery. Turns out he made a deal with Lloyd that was too good to pass up, so I snet the payment off, and we left 9 am yesterday morning,

Now that i can see it in the daylight hours,  it was an incredible deal. The cabinet is solid, the  amp hasn't been touched, the record mech is all there, and the  trim  has a great patina but also  all there.  

And i can only imagine the history with it. Couples who  fell in love playing a song,   a nasty breakup  that led the guy in the corner  booth to  keep playing a sad song, patrons kicked out  because they  started fighting when their nickel was taken but  didn't play their song.  it's like Soda machines, yeah they look cool,  and they are fun, but I think I'm saving history, even history that will never make the books, or the History Channel

Tim: Too Funny, I love Monty Python, and even have  'a small shrubbery' inm my office, and a set of Holy Grail Action figures 9 no, they aren't dolls!)

Pat: tell you what,  we'll restore it first, then  store it with you for a while. Or have it playing  when I have the Michigan Mafia over for a BBQ. It's too darn heavy to be wheeling into a Big Boys. Or I could leave a 45 playing machine.

And the day got better, Sold the Seeburg C. Woo

And thanks Guys, seeing Game roms here, knowing  other people have similar passions made me pursue so many of the machines, signs and odd ball stuff I have now. I don'tr regret it for a minute.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 05:45:27 pm by Kilroy » Logged

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
VMC 81
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 08:23:31 pm »

those jukes were the kings of the 40s. Nice catch

VMC 81 Pepsi
VMC 27 7Up on a pipe stand
Vendo 56
Seeburg VL 200
AMI 200
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 10:25:05 pm »

Very cool Jim.. Love to have one of those some day.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 10:01:21 am »

Very nice score for sure...high on my wish list as well..
had an opp for one for 2000 a year ago, but guy sold it out from me , as  I was driving over to get it (for a better price) he said.. I was already an hour on the road when I got the call..

I like the 1015, also like the 1100... so hopefully someday, will be able to land one...

Cant' wait to see what you do with this one... will you have it done before Christmas?  laugh

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: