SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:47:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's under the tarp??  (Read 7371 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 01:53:05 am »

I was going to guess a Leopluradon but that doesn't look big enough! laugh Cool biggrin

happydrinkers Excellent score Brian!!! happydrinkers

At that price, even a Coke guy like me would have jumped on that--of course, I would have had to hide it from the War Department and her entire family!  That's what you get when you marry into a Coca Cola family.

I would not feel all that bad about the seller letting it go too cheap.  He was happy with the deal when he made it and thats just the way it goes sometimes.

I have been trying to find a used S-10 or Ford Ranger for my high school driver and I can't tell you how many times in the last two weeks that I have gotten rooked out of a truck that I was going to see only to be told by the seller that he just sold it.  I have appointments to see two tomorrow so hopefully I can get one of them!

Anyway nice machine--can't wait to see it restored.

drinking Tim drinking
VMC 81
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 04:21:04 am »

you know it is the same old story after an item sells the next buyer would have paid a lot more for it, ya ya ya they only say that cause it is sold and they can't get it for any price. I paid $800 for the last one I got and he was happy with it.

VMC 81 Pepsi
VMC 27 7Up on a pipe stand
Vendo 56
Seeburg VL 200
AMI 200
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 07:22:37 am »

Great find Brian. That was close to my neck of the woods. Are you going to restore it?

Rod
Fun-Tronics
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 07:36:28 am »

Thanks all.

Yeah, I guess I don't feel bad in the true sense. If you had of seen this guy's face when I was loading it. It was actually kind of cool. He wasn't sad but you could tell that because he had owned it for so long that he was having a difficult time with it. I felt for him.

Rod,

Yes, I plan on restoring it back to it's former glory! When I first started collecting I was a 'Pepsi-guy". partially because my wife at the time was a Pepsi-Super Freak. They also appealed to me because Pepsi wasn't as common as Coca-Cola. Don't get me wrong, I love Coke stuff too but I'm equal opportunity when it comes to soda pop machines! biggrin

Brian
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 07:38:26 am »

you know it is the same old story after an item sells the next buyer would have paid a lot more for it, ya ya ya they only say that cause it is sold and they can't get it for any price. I paid $800 for the last one I got and he was happy with it.

That's exactly what I thought when reading the story. It's easy to say "I would have paid.." after the item is gone.
Nice score. Fun story.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 08:50:13 am »

Great Find !!!  Brian  happydrinkers

It'll look Great Like The Rest of your Stuff .

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 10:24:58 am »

Congrats! Great story and buy... You too are turning to the dark side! I think I prefer Pepsi now. more of a challege to find...
well... except for you! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 10:32:08 am »

Like I said earlier on the other topic...great buy!!  I wouldn't feel bad...that guy with the $800 DP VMC-81 told me he thinks he could have got more for his as well and maybe shouldn't have sold so cheap.  He was happy with $800, so be happy!

I used to be a big Pepsi drinker, but never could find Pepsi machines...that's why everything I had before moving to Texas was Coke.  Texas is full of Dr Pepper, so I now have some of those as well.  I love the Pepsi blue, and have always wanted a Pepsi machine or two, just haven't come across anything near me.  Someday I'll have a nice, blue Pepsi machine to call my own!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 12:40:48 pm »

I'm in the same boat Greg and Tim, I grew up in a Coke Family, Grandfather owned bottling plants from the 30's- 90's and my collection is primarily Coke.. but after restoring a VMC 88 for a client, I loved the color combo and now I have acquired a Pepsi 81 for myself as well, but am torn on where and how to display it with all my coke stuff? i'm sure I'll find a way...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 04:16:00 pm »

Great find!!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: