SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 08:12:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Galaxie fountain head and Scottsman ice maker for sale.  (Read 3869 times)
wsilva
« on: July 26, 2010, 07:53:58 pm »

Hello All!

First let me say I apologize for my first post being for a for sale item. I know that this can be offensive to some users and I do not mean to offend anyone. I have enjoyed lurking in the background enjoying everyone else's posts,
I just haven't had anything to post until now  smile

I have a Galaxie fountain head and a Scottman ice maker that I purchased off Ebay years ago that I need to sell.

The Galaxie head is in nice condition, the  lettering on it it does need repainting. The Galaxie is a 4 handle model, The Scottsman ice make is also in nice condition and mechanically works great! (it starts producing ice almost immediately at start up.)

A buddy of mine gets a very good bulk freight shipping rate via the company he works for, so I could ship the entire unit for a very reasonable price.

I paid 1000$ for the Galaxie/Scottsman, and I would like to sell it for the same price I paid.
From the research I have done, this seems like a fair price for this rare combo?

I have a ton of photo's available of the unit, and I even have a short video clip of the ice maker producing ice.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best Regards.

Walter Silva
Cell: 408-386-6972   loc:San Jose, Ca.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:13:27 pm by wsilva » Logged
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 10:45:33 pm »

Hey Walter, welcome to the board!  Nice looking machine you have there!  It's neat to see the full combo with the Galaxie head on the Scottsman.

I hope you can find it a good home on here!  I'm going to be in the market for a good, working Scottsman for the game room (wife LOVES the ice pellets they make), but don't necessarily need the fountain head...and that's a big part of the value of your combo! 

Again...welcome!
    Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
wsilva
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:10:49 pm »

Thanks for the kind words Greg  smile

If someone expresses interest in the Galaxie head only, I will let you know in case you are still interested in the Scottsman.

I have to say I was really surprised at how quickly the Scottsman started producing ice when I first powered it up, I was thinking "maybe ice will come out in 10 minutes", but it is almost instant. Really was a surprise.

Regards

Walter
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:26:04 am »

I too thought 10 minutes was minimum for water to freeze.
   Do you have a way to post your video to this topic? 

I must agree with Greg, that is a nice combination.  Welcome to the group Walter!

Glen
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 11:58:31 am »

Just noticed this one. Nice looking Scotty there Walter and welcome aboard. I have a soft spot for these. I have 1 waiting in the background with another member on here (I hope still). hopefull  Been busy as heck here and money's tight at the present. Commercial acounts and have to wait 90 days for clearance. darn

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 09:09:01 pm »

Hi, wsilva

Welcome to the Gang !! There Cool !! Heres Mine .It the Largest of of the Queens Ice Makers .Mine Was Missing the Motor .But I found One that would work but never Installed it to see if it made Ice ??

Leonard  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:03:03 pm by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up