SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 03:04:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPS Packing  (Read 9924 times)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« on: July 23, 2009, 09:22:41 pm »

I am sure some of you have had to file claims before with UPS. I shipped a sign and had them pack it. I paid for a 30"x15x10 box, 30"x15x10 "mat", and they sandwiched it between two pieces of cardboard.  darn The guy got the sign today and they had bent it in half!  censored Hopefully it is relatively easy to get the guy his $ from UPS. I am going to the UPS Store tomorrow.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 09:30:22 pm »

Here is a before shot that I have and the afters that he sent.

Glascock Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 09:33:43 pm »

This is the packing job they did. Just two pieces of cardboard with nothing in between but the sign. Not even close to what I paid for (sigh).

Glascock Standard
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 10:32:02 pm »

I'd then follow up with UPS, and report the store for fraud.  They did not use the materials you were charged for, and don't let them try to deny  your claim with their  " it was packed poorly" claim.
 I had a friend ship a customer's painted Harley gas tank through UPS, it arrived with a hole on the side from a hilo blade. And yes,  it was first denied with the above reason.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 11:30:50 pm »

I HATE it when a seller uses UPS Pack & Ship to send stuff I won! They almost always overcharge and never pack it as I would like. I have won two items off eBay and the sellers both used UPS Pack & Ship. One was a Vendo Coin Changer - fortunately the handle was the only part broken. I filed a claim and was reimbursed for the damage. The second was a cardboard backed 'Hart' DP scuba diver poster and they packaged it just like your Coke sign and it arrived in the same condition. I won the DP poster for $15 and never filed a claim because of possible value dispute and hassle.
Furthermore - it releases the seller from any wrong-doing and they have an easy way out saying contact UPS. That is what I did on the VCC because the seller just told me to check with UPS because he handed responsibility over to them when he delivered it to them. I didn't leave FB for either of them.  veryangry

No offence Dan!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:33:45 am by collecture » Logged

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
oldskoolcoinop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 11:56:41 pm »

It's guaranteed automaticaly when packed by a UPS store I thought. I have gotten things with thoughtless packing like that. When some stuff gets damaged though, you would rather have had the item than a refund. So irritating to find something that's in great shape, then have some bonehead skimp on packing.  censored Good luck and I feel for you.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 08:30:22 am »

Definatley go back to the Pack and SHip, you bought a box that was 10" thick, in order for it NOT TO bend, and they packaged it this way!?/ wow.. I'd fight for money back, plus fight to keep the sign as they ruined a piece of history!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 10:08:15 am »

I'd then follow up with UPS, and report the store for fraud.  They did not use the materials you were charged for, and don't let them try to deny  your claim with their  " it was packed poorly" claim.
 I had a friend ship a customer's painted Harley gas tank through UPS, it arrived with a hole on the side from a hilo blade. And yes,  it was first denied with the above reason.

I don't think they can use that claim as they packed it. Their "Pack and Ship Promise" says that they will refund the value of the item along with the costs paid for packing materials. Of course I went back to the store today and the manager has to call me back because "she is the one who handles the claims".

Glascock Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 10:10:50 am »

I HATE it when a seller uses UPS Pack & Ship to send stuff I won! They almost always overcharge and never pack it as I would like. I have won two items off eBay and the sellers both used UPS Pack & Ship. One was a Vendo Coin Changer - fortunately the handle was the only part broken. I filed a claim and was reimbursed for the damage. The second was a cardboard backed 'Hart' DP scuba diver poster and they packaged it just like your Coke sign and it arrived in the same condition. I won the DP poster for $15 and never filed a claim because of possible value dispute and hassle.
Furthermore - it releases the seller from any wrong-doing and they have an easy way out saying contact UPS. That is what I did on the VCC because the seller just told me to check with UPS because he handed responsibility over to them when he delivered it to them. I didn't leave FB for either of them.  veryangry

No offence Dan!

No offense.  I went to the store today to try to get the claim started. Actually, I want to follow through with it myself because I included UPS shipping in the buy it now price. So, I actually paid $28.16 to have it packed and shipped.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:12:25 am by halehouse » Logged

Glascock Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 10:14:56 am »

It's guaranteed automaticaly when packed by a UPS store I thought. I have gotten things with thoughtless packing like that. When some stuff gets damaged though, you would rather have had the item than a refund. So irritating to find something that's in great shape, then have some bonehead skimp on packing.  censored Good luck and I feel for you.
Exactly. I would have rather kept it than have it ruined like that. It was nice and they don't realize that it isn't easy to replace. They don't just sell them in the grocery store. The thing is, I don't think the buyer is going to be very patient in getting his refund. He says the insurance is between me and the shipper, when actually I bet I will need assistance on his end to complete the claim.

Glascock Standard
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: