SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 10:13:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicagoland Coin Op Show  (Read 9048 times)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 09:47:07 am »

Hello, all

Just a brief report from the Chicago show , all the usual suspect were their . IE  Shane & George & Rod & Janet  SignGuy(John)  & SliderBob. And Me  Larry and his wife Kim & son Kyle  & Retro Ronny  & Matt Carter I thought I saw Eric  tounge  and a few others
Thursday was a bunch of pre sale moving of machines around to the new owners . And meeting some new people .
Then the dinner at Portillos  A Special Thanks again to Janet & Rod  for getting the Room again and the New  Calendars it was great seeing old friends and meeting some new ones .
Saturday was busy out side as usual but it really didn't seam to see a bunch of stuff being moved out . I was not feeling good so I retired early to the hotel . But heard there's was a few deals that were made .
I was feeling even worse by 3:00 and woke up long enough to realize I wasn't leaving the hotel room as I was total congested and felt like I was hit by a truck . So with great regret I had to call Larry but only got to talk to Kim to explain I was unable to come to there house for the dinner we've been planing which in turn caused the others to not be able to go as I was the transportation because everyone had trailers but me again a HUGE Apology to Larry And Kim . I'm still very sick now and it was a huge task for me to drive home   And this is the first time I've been up since yesterday afternoon.

The Show was bigger then the past years and the weather was almost Perfect for the first time . Prices seam to be much higher then before and Signs were the big item EVERYWHERE at the show .

I'm sure others will share there Experiences  
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 09:50:06 am by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 01:43:40 pm »

Made the trip and met up with everyone at Portillo's.. the room was packed... Lot's of stories.. was good to see friendly faces... the show seemed to have more signs.. more round top
machines than last year I would say...(81s, 56s, 39s and 72s) most were Coke.. Joey brought in a nice 7up 110... not many sliders or odd machines (seemed to me anyway) less jukes
and gas pumps,  I agree the weather was better than it's been in a while...  don't know if a lot moved. I did score a nice neon clock for my collection but it was a pre-show deal
and I'm very happy... Amazing what is still finding it's way to the show each year. Still lots of pieces out there in the wild.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 10:00:17 am by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 03:54:36 pm »

Some quick pics I took...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 03:56:15 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2016, 04:07:30 pm »

some more....

Eric

WANTED:
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2016, 06:39:05 pm »

Thanks Eric and Leonard for the update!
Nice to have good weather!  I was on the phone with Leonard early Fri morning trying to see how the show was...
Congrats on the new neon clock!  Photos please!

My six cents,

Jim

HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 09:00:33 pm »

Thanks for posting the pics!

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
cormy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 10:46:53 am »

That mini Mustang under the table in the last pic looks cool. Anybody know the story on it?

cmc
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 12:27:25 pm »

Didn't get a price.. it looks different than from mine.. I still have my pedal car but mine looks more square on the front...

Eric

WANTED:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: