SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 07:20:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WC 42 T  (Read 5865 times)
« on: November 25, 2006, 12:54:08 pm »

Hi, Coca-Cola seems to have decided to reinvent the wheel. Much to my dismay the new profile coke bottle does not seem to work well in some of my machines and will not work at all in my WC. It will work in my V-39 but you have to be gentle with the vend handle as any rough handling will cause the bottles to jump and jam. The WC just plain won't vend these things. I have written to coke and called them several times but it looks like we are stuck with this new bottle for now. Does anyone know of any retrofits for this machine? Or have any tips on what to do. A coke machine that won't vend is not of much use to me. Thanks for any help or tips. I can also be emailed at amid80@comcast.net
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 01:45:34 pm »

I do not own a 42T, but I think the bottom portion can be shimmed up a little to take up the slack caused by the smaller diameter bottles. Moondawg has had success using Velcro strips on each side of the column - others have mounted a sheet of Plexi-glass on each side. You do not need to do the whole column, just the bottom portion right before it vends.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 10:00:19 am »

Tom, thanks for the reply. I have considered shimming the columns up with some galvanized however I believe it looks like there is a problem with the bottle bottom size and the cam mechanism. It seems to me that the cam is cut out with the size of the original bottles in mind and that the new smaller round bottom bottles jam up in the cam. I my collection I have at least four different sized bottles, there being a marked difference between the first and last. Looking forward to more discussion on this topic. Thanks again. Pat
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 11:31:51 am »

I don't have a 42 to look at but if the cam does not reach far enough to hold up the bottle...........can you add to the cam to make up for the smaller bottle displacement?

Glen
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 09:52:03 pm »

IN regards to the cam, I was hoping to do just that. My first thoughts for a spacer of sorts was something along the line of door edge molding. It could slip right over the cam edge and add perhaps an eighth of an inch overall? I will have to experiment. If I can find something like this in aluminum or metal that might hold up better than the vinyl door edge molding. If anyone has made any of these mods please let me know. Thanks!
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:37:11 pm »

Steve at thesodajerkworks has been doing alot of work on this topic. I suggest you give him a call. He has a banner at the top of this page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: