SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 02:06:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Machine -a V-63  (Read 9514 times)
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 11:04:54 am »

I like th3e idea of converting it to a fantasy machine Dave, and go a step further  with a local beverage rather than an American soda.  Or  do it in Manchester Football club colors, and  sell it for an outragous amount of money to a fan  laugh

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 12:51:57 pm »

I would suspect that a fantasy machine done up in MUFC colours would do very well amongst the dedicated fans.  happydrinkers Paint it up in the uniform colours and slap a few club crests on the front and sides.  Then stock it up with the favourite beverages of the club faithful.  happydrinkers

Even though I have never seen one go for $6,000 restored on E-Bay; I would venture to say that a fantasy Manchester United machine might bring quite a bit more than a Coke machine--in England anyway!

Good idea Kilroy!  Plus when it sells, Pat could pick it up and get it delivered!  biggrin laugh Cool

drinking Tim drinking
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 01:24:38 pm »

I really don't know if I could bring myself to do a machine in the United colours but hey If I could turn a profit it might be worth it...

I might even do it in the Chelsea colours... Their supporters have more money than sense...

Dave 
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 02:43:59 pm »

Nice score, Dave!  Lemme know if you need me to do a "parts run" for you again.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2009, 05:42:44 pm »

Thanks Wayne... I know it needs a coin mech but I would imagine its on UK voltage.. Will wait and see...

Cheers

Dave
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 07:22:31 pm »

I would guess the voltage is reduced when the power is first introduced into the machine, then the compressor, lights, coin mech.etc. all work as they did here in the U.S.
        Also you have the free-play option, either by adding a switch into the Jones socket,
or dis-able the solonid below the can stack.
        I think you found a better buy than we find here. If it were mine, I would keep it Coke. And if I were to change alter anything, it would only be to change the black on the front door to red.
       Good job Mate!  biggrin

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 08:02:56 pm »

Dave, Sure I love posting pictures! These are of 56's but that is basically what your machine is. Yours is just slightly wider. Lets see if I can do this. I just switched to a mac so everything is different.

The first is a Vendo that I found through the local paper in a wanted ad I had posted. The guy said it looked more like a cabinet than a machine so I figured it was a decorator but it was a 56. It was painted woordgrain all over. It was not contact paper but paint. It turned out well.

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 08:13:56 pm »

This next one started its live as a Vendorlator 56 Pepsi machine. The customer wanted a Coke 56 so it got a face lift. This was one of my first restorations. It was a nice machine. This one was more of a refurbishing as it was only cosmetic. The insides were left alone. It really was a good looking machine.

Just a little paint and these machines can look really good and if you just want a machine to use you can do it cheep with just a paint job. Since yours is a can machine it is more functional than your others. I say do a respray on it and use it in the house. Its much easier to stock up with cans and is cheaper
Pat Pixley
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 08:37:10 pm »

Dave great looking machine Doing a fantasy  would be a neat idea
Get it done use it for a short time then sell it .

And just so you know I wont be picking it up for any of you either smile.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 11:44:47 pm »

Glen - Hopefully you are right about the power and it will come with a stepper already in it... That way it will be easier to source the coin mech. However, Ginger (the other UK member) has a 63 and I think his was made specifically for the European market.

Josh - Those pictures are great and very inspiring...

Pat - I sort of already made arrangements for you to pop down and get it... I was hoping you could hold onto it for a few months for me... Its not TOO far out of your way after all...

Dave
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: