SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 06:03:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game room manuals  (Read 2518 times)
« on: October 05, 2005, 03:20:35 am »

Hello all,

I thought I would share my experience with Game Room Manuals. http://www.gameroommanuals.com/  I decided to buy their instant download manual for my F.L. Jacobs 26. It was terrible! Missing pages, partialy scaned pages, out of order pages. I paid $10.95 for it. I replied to them and asked for my money back and they said the would give a refund to my PayPal account.

What bugs me is how can someone sell something that is not even complete! I guess integrity is to much to ask for. Just wanted to let you all know you might not get what you pay for when you order from Game Room Manuals.

Anybody know where I can get a "complete" manual for my F.L. Jacobs 26? Thanks.

Joe

BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 07:02:31 am »

Joe-
  Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I've used Gameroom Manuals and guess I got lucky and got good manuals. I would try giving Steve at Funtronics a call. I don't have a copy of his catalog in front of me right now, but I believe they sell a copy.

Brian
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 08:19:46 am »

Brian is correct.  Funtronics (301-371-5246) lists the following:

"F.L. Jacobs Model J-26, J-35, J-144 Combined Service and Parts Manual, 85 pages"

The cost is $15.

I've used gameroom manuals twice and have had good results, so I guess I was also one of the fortunate ones.  Something else to consider is the probable difficulty in locating a complete, decent copy of a manual for a 50+ year-old machine to make available for sale.  But, at least they are giving you your money back and could have let you know up front what they were selling (a portion versus a whole).  I've never had a problem with Funtronics.  Steve is great to deal with.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Pages: [1]   Go Up