SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 03:05:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first buy of 2009  (Read 9243 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 11:18:01 am »

Here are a few more pictures that might help with the mystery parts.

Larry--I would think that it should be easy to fabricate the weight.  I can send you measurements and better photos if that would help.

drinking Tim drinking
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 08:51:44 pm »

Tim,

I had a chance today to look and see if I had the weight.  I checked and it was not there.  Then when I was putting on the door, I noticed the weight stuck inside the coin mech.  This machine had parts rattling all over when I bought it.  I thought something was broken.  Fortunately, all the parts are there and nothing was broken.  They were just misplaced a little.

Thanks for the offer on the dimensions.  I was just about to write you for them.

Larry
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:54:12 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 08:56:04 pm »

On a finishing note.  At least this is one machine I didn't have to repair.  Here's a picture.  Close to your condition, give or take a scratch.

A lot of stuff.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 09:44:06 pm »

Larry,

Excellent!  happydrinkers Let me know if you find a candy bar that works well in this machine.  I have tried a few and have had varying success.  Back when these babies were made most candy bars were wrapped on a cardboard tray and that gave the nickel something firm to press against as it was ejecting the candy bar.  I tried granola bars and they were too soft. down

Anyway--glad to hear you ended up with a complete machine and it is in great shape!

drinking Tim drinking
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 03:57:30 pm »

Tim,

Chuckles work great!!  They are from that era and they still are packaged with the cardboard bottom.  I found they vend better when you remove the adjustible side guides (The wrappers don't fold under like they use to.  They stick out and hang up on the bars) and make the width one adjustment larger than tight. 

They vend perfectly.

Larry

A lot of stuff.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 10:49:20 am »

Larry,

Excellent!  I was with my boys at a bowling alley the other day and noticed that they had Chuckles in the vending machine.  I commented on how that was a great "old school" candy.

I will have to get some for my machine.  Thanks for the info!

Tim
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: