SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 11:42:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first buy of 2009  (Read 9382 times)
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 10:17:07 pm »

I would have paid that much for one.  I like smaller stuff like that.

Good buy!

Marvin
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 08:27:36 am »

The Candyette arrived yesterday.  It is in great shape just as pictured.  This E-Bay seller gets A+++ for the shipping job.  happydrinkers The machine was wrapped in a wool blanket--which once laundered will become property of my 2 greyhounds.  Then it was double wrapped in bubble wrap and double boxed in thick cardboard.  The box was almost completely wrapped in packing tape then reinforced with duct tape!  I would have posted this yesterday but I just finished unwrapping it! biggrin

The machine works--although I can see why a lot of those machines are missing the knob.  That spring on the turning mech is awfully tight.  Oo

Only problem that I am having is with the coin-mech.  It is rejecting nickels more often than it accepts them.  I am guessing that an adjustment is in order due to the new nickels being lighter than the old ones.  Anybody out there ever worked on one of these before?  help I thought I would ask before taking anything apart.

THANKS!

drinking Tim  drinking
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 10:29:40 pm »

Tim,

I was going through my Candyette tonight and I found these two pieces of aluminum wrapped up in some old May, 28, 1948 newspaper.  Any idea what these are used for and where they would go???

Also, the keys were supposively misplaced from the owner.  When I was moving the machne around I noticed a small rubber band sticking out of the bottom trya area.  I pulled it, and out popped two keys.  I love it when I don't have to drill it out.  The keys were those center cut groove keys.  Definately originals.

Mine is nice too, but I think yours is a bit nicer.  Anything that old with minor scratches is a miracle.

Larry

A lot of stuff.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 11:08:56 pm »

Larry,

Good to hear that the keys re-appeared.  happydrinkers That is always nice.

I just checked my Candyette and I didn't remember those pieces being in mine but I do have them.  glare They were loose in the machine in the coin area.  I looked my machine over and I can't tell what they are for  Oo or where they go but I have been able to get mine to work without these pieces.  I have not tried them yet but I think the fun-size Kit Kats will work well in this machine.

I will keep looking to see if I can figure out where those pieces go.  Let me know if you figure it out.  Based on the fact that the pieces in your machine were wrapped in 1948 newspaper--I am guessing that the original owner couldn't figure out what they were for either!  biggrin

drinking Tim drinking
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 11:11:55 pm »

Only problem that I am having is with the coin-mech.  It is rejecting nickels more often than it accepts them.  I am guessing that an adjustment is in order due to the new nickels being lighter than the old ones.

Post or send me a picture of the rejector and I can help.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 11:18:05 pm »

I figured out an easy way to fix the coin problem.  A small piece of tape cured the problem so the machine will accept all nickels or anyting else that will fit in the slot.  If slugs or washers start showing up in the coin box I will know that the culprits will be my boys! laugh

I will have to post a pic later for a correct fix but this works for now!  biggrin

drinking Tim drinking
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 11:26:35 pm »

Larry

are they the weights (like Brian's machine) Go ontop of the product to hold it down and to trigger a mech when the machine is empty....

My machines knock a bar down that's attached to the coin entry so that the slot is covered after the last chocolate bar....

Dave
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 06:28:19 am »

Dave,

Not the weights.  There is a single weight that sits on top of the candy bars and slides down the center track (see Larry's second picture) until it hits the coin slot and prevents the machine from accepting anymore coins.  The two pieces of aluminum are very light so they would not serve well as weights but they have to have some use in the machine.

drinking Tim drinking
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 06:31:11 am »

They are too light to be a weight and most weights have a ratcheting piece on them.  

The other thing that makes me think that they wern't used to let you know when the machine is empty, is because the nickle fits in a slot and the nickle pushes the candy bar out when the knob is turned dispensing the candy.  If that piece is used to block the nickle, there is no way for that nickle to be returned, making a customer angry enough to attack the machine.  

The machine does have a rejector.  When the last candy bar is dispensed a bar raises up which interferes with the coins path and sends it out the side.

I am puzzled what the purpose is for this piece.  Hopefully, someone out there has one of these machines with those pieces in use.  As Tim mentioned they are not needed for vending, but companies just don't throw in extra parts for nothing.  Just curious. Cool

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 06:48:05 am »

I don't have a single weight in mine.  I have a depth adjustment and widthe adjustment for the candy bars, but no weight.

Here's a poor atempt of photoshop.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: