SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:08:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse?  cooler  (Read 5057 times)
keithm
5 Cent Member

« on: May 24, 2005, 10:47:05 pm »

I was driving the other day and saw 2 machines on a trailer with a for sale sign.  One was a Cav 64 I believe and the other was supposed to be a Westinghouse cooler.  The Cav I can identify, but I can't find the cooler in the Walters book. I called the seller and she was originally asking $500 each and had recently dropped the Cav to $300 because it needs work (doesn't cool).  My questions are 1) can anyone help identify the cooler ? and 2) any thoughts on the value of either machine ?  

I think $300 is too high for the cav. Most auctions for similar machines are falling way short of $300 and this one needs work.

I have no idea about the cooler. Any help would be appreciated.  Or if anyone might be inerested in the cooler, I may be able to help out, maybe swing a deal for both.

Thanks

Keith
keithm
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 10:48:20 pm »

Pic of the Cav.
vendobaldtops
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 12:34:59 am »

that's actuially a pretty clean Cav 64....I just sold an early Vendo 63 coke for 360.00 so I don't think the price is that crazy...depends on what is needed for the cooling system
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 08:02:25 am »

Nice little square top.... make her an other.... the lids looks like it's on backwards on the chest. That looks like the back with the compressor showing.... Is the cap catcher on
the front? There should be one large embossing on the front..... That's either a Westing house or Cav Master bow out..... I think....... Would have to see the other side.
Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 11:04:45 am »

The lid on the cooler is definitely on backwards.  Looks like maybe a Westinghouse "dry" cooler.  The conduit goes up the center of the back, which, I think, would lead to the fan in the middle of the thing to circulate the air.  I think most of the wet chests have the circulator motor/coil on the side adn the vision port so you can see it.  If that were there, the lids would be narrower.  Heck, I could be all wrong.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 03:17:28 pm »

That light-up cavalier is priced right.  Go back tomorrow and make her another offer on it and take it home.
     Tell her to keep the chest machine for a few more months and if she can't sell it, you will give her $50.00 for it !

Glen
keithm
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 08:04:30 pm »

If you guys are right about the lid being on backwards, this would be a not so great pic of the front.

Thanks for the info on the cav.

Keith
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 11:48:26 pm »

The last picture is the front.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 12:44:07 am »

I have a Cav 64 like that one and I love it!
Buy it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: