SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:49:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check this out!! a cut out rc embossing  (Read 3574 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« on: April 22, 2005, 09:48:35 pm »

Check out this auction, 6173192811. This guy has an embossing cut from a cooler. He says that it is the same as a VMC 81 embossing. I think I might buy it and make a fake RC Vendo 23 or an embossed RC square top 56. If I did I would be honest that it was a fake but it might be a fun project. What do you think. Is this crossing the line as far as fantacy machines are concerned. I wanted to post this to see what everyone thought of my idea. I know some people try and pass these Fake machines off as origionals but I think you all know I would never do that. I like the fact that it is a private auction. No one can see who is making fake RC 81's
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 10:36:31 pm »

Josh,
  I personally would be afraid of what this could do to my reputation as a restorer. I know that you would not try to pass it off as a original, but people will talk. Just a thought. ':drinkers:'

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:45:21 pm »

I think you are right. It was just an idea. I agree that the Vendo 23 would be really pushing it but possibly a square top 56 which was never embossed would be cool but I think i will leave it alone. If I want to do fantacy machines I will stick to decals.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 08:48:29 pm »

Just put a bid of 17.76 on this.
I would never make a fake RC-81 and don't want anybody else doing so. This appears to be the one thing you would need (well a 81 also). The only way I can think of to check if a door is unmolsted would be a x-ray. Not an easy thing to do.

I think once I sort how to correctly paint embossed lettering it would be a cool wall hanging with a real neon tube or two around it. Anybody else wants to outbid go right ahead. Still recovering from the taxman here :-)
Creighton
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 09:17:41 pm »

I have known people to want to remove the door liner to see the back of the door before buying. It seems extreme but if you are about to get paid the amount a RC 81 brings and you know it is real I think I would let someone do anything they want.
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 09:42:42 pm »

I'm with you on that Josh. If they have the cash why not pull the panel. ':drinkers:'

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 10:06:57 pm »

Yep,
If I had a real RC-81 would find a way to get whatever it takes to document it as the real deal, those critters are 10K plus. maybe more.
I understand why the liner off for a look see. But if it's faked easy enough to make the backside clean as well, correct?
Creighton
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 07:41:23 am »

You can clean the backside but you can`t hide a welding job completely. scratch the paint at the liner and you`ll see it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: