SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:57:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor Kooler Grill on Columbus CL  (Read 24818 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 02:08:47 pm »

It's not a real deal. It a reproduction. I know the guy that made it up. He made and sold about two or three of these and sold them at the Chicago show a while back. He is getting ready to work on two more. I think he sold them for around $7,000. The sink and everything on it is a little different then the original.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 08:46:35 pm »

So this is the VMC 81 Orange Crush version of the Victor Kooler Grill?

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 08:59:09 pm »

I think this is more like the VMC 81 RC Cola  from a cooler version of the  Victor

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 10:29:30 pm »

If it is a new word learned from Barret Jackson a "recreation" then this statement from the auction is suspect.
"This example has been completely restored".
Maybe there is a market for PPI (pre-purchase-inspections) in the soda machine world :-)
Creighton

mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 11:04:24 pm »

I said "VMC 81 Orange Crush version of the Victor Kooler Grill" because someone said it was not real......

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 11:09:28 pm »

For some reason to me the letters do not look embossed??

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 05:46:49 am »

Good point Joey!  I noticed that as well when I looked at the pictures but I wasn't sure if the originals were painted or embossed.  All I know is that I would not be too happy if I paid the kind of coin the guy is looking for on that machine and then found out it was a reproduction.

Well once again, the doctrine of Caveat emptor (Let the buyer beware!) applies to this and all potential purchases.

drinking Tim drinking
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:10:01 am by mznb1u » Logged
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 05:54:25 am »

Just took another look at the E-Bay posting and noticed this update:

On Jan-29-10 at 19:31:47 PST, seller added the following information:

A note.. To address some concerns I have received about a statement posted to Soda-Machines.com by user-rob, that states the machine is a fake & the seller (me) was @ a show in Chicago last year selling more of these Koolers...Let me be clear,I have Never been to Chicago, and this is the only Victor Kooler Grill I have EVER OWNED, I invite Rob to contact me to clear this up & to have his statement retracted, He is obviously mistaken about this issue.It is original, but has been restored w new stainless, , body repairs, and general sys rebuild.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Jan-29-10 at 20:31:53 PST, seller added the following information:

The graphics are not embossed, They are painted on basecoat/clearcoat as the entire paint jos is.  if you research this, very few , if any of them were.

glare glare glare

drinking Tim drinking
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 07:19:16 am »

Hi Guys:
First let's clear one thing up. My name is RODDDDDD. Second he didn't need to be at Chicago to get it. My friend created two or three of these and someone at the Chicago show bought them for the price of $7,000 each. I'm sure then he turned around and sold them for what ever price. My friend that recreated these did not misrepresent these. He made the buyers aware that they where recreations. Third of all. Lets say this guys Victor is for real. A cooler that important should have history. There should be pictures of it before the restoration and pictures during the restoration. Also does it have the ID tag on it. What is the serial number???
If the gentleman that is selling it reads this then let me clear one thing up. Your cooler may be a real one. But if it was me looking to buy it. I would say prove it. To spend $30,000 to $50,000 on something I would make damn sure I knew what I was buying. I have seen several of these in original state and I have seen by friends recreations. He is a master craftsman and makes them look really close to the originals. Let the buyer be the judge.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 07:24:03 am »

Am I the only one who thinks they are ugly.... Real or repro.

I can appreciate it for its rarity but there are better looking machines out there.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: