SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:36:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IcyO 120  (Read 7372 times)
clowrey
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 05:19:00 pm »

Sorry to be slow getting back with everyone.  I did finally figure out what PM's are   biggrin.  We would like to have $5000 for the machine and we are located in north central Missouri. I am still interested in knowing more about it.  I think one of you mentioned that you had some information.

Thanks to everyone for your interest!  This is a great website!
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 06:18:00 pm »

Never mind what Jeff Walters book has to say about the Icy-O, I guess everything is worth five grand these days.  oops

I would suspect that Mr. Soda had one of those in his fine collection that he just liquidated.  As with all of Jeff's machines, his was likely a Grade AAA better than new restoration.  Somehow, I would be surprised if he got close to $5K for it. glare

Maybe "The Pickers" guys will be coming through NC MO and they will pay $5K for it.  wow

drinking Tim drinking
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 07:47:16 pm »

Hello Clowery,
While that is an unique machine that is not seen often, $5000 is way too high for the current condition. Please don't take offense at any replies. As a day to day use machine the Icy-O is not very practical. A serious collector may have an interest but not the general marketplace.
Creighton

Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 08:47:00 pm »

I saw one sell for $1800, but that was awhile ago. 5k is just too high in this economy and like Creighton says, maybe a collector of just coke items might want, but the general public is not going to pay that much.

Brian  happydrinkers
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 12:38:18 am »

Maybe they meant $500.00 .... But then again ... It does have Coke written on it..
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2010, 09:30:40 am »

clowery--I apologize for the tone of my last post but it was not my intention to be offensive.  Just  veryangry venting a little frustration on recently being asked to pay $8,000 for a machine that I just picked up for $500 and being asked $6,000 for a machine that is not worth $600 on a good day.

As the other guys have said, it is a rare machine that goes for the kind of money that you have indicated you would like to see for your Icy-O.  And with the current economy, the prices for all collectibles are down (regardless of what the guys on Pawn Stars and Pickers say on their TV show).  You can search E-Bay completed listings and see a lot of machines that people are asking $5,000 plus for but none of them ever sell.  As the other guys have said, you may find a serious Coke collector who wants that machine to complete a collection.

An overdue welcome to the site! happydrinkers

drinking Tim drinking

RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 07:25:52 pm »

You know, these television shows really mess up the reality of the collector market with their over inflated hot air. The perception is that all of these classic Americana items from the bygone era are worth thousands when in reality are only worth a fraction of the price being asked.

And to be asked to pay the price of a fully restored machine for an unrestored parts machine is down right insulting.

As for the IcyO 120. It is a very interesting piece. I imagine someone will pay a good price for it one day. But until then, I hope it is kept inside and out of the weather because so many machines are lost to the elements by people waiting for the right buyer to come along.

I am watching a two door Victor rust as it sits outside a barn on a farm not too far from my house. The owner is going to restore it someday. He says "they are worth a fortune restored".
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: