SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 11:53:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Genco 1956 State Fair Rifle Gallery.  (Read 9040 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« on: June 25, 2016, 06:30:04 pm »

So found this example. Cabinet has been layered in house paint and bird stickers. Easy to mend.  Having some issues. Anyone has one let me know.
Thanks!
Creighton
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 06:32:16 pm »

More photos.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 02:41:45 pm »

Hey ,Creighton

Nice Game !!

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 03:31:33 pm »

Thanks!
It's not wanting to set to 000 on game start. Plays by itself or won't start at all. Lot of cleaning to be done still. It is like a change giver mech. Just look at it and think dang those guys were smart.
Creighton
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 08:36:21 am »

i believe Larry Wilson aka Grady, had a similar game he may be able to help you
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 11:35:50 am »

I don't have that game, but they are all similar.  Before you try troubleshooting anything, take apart your steppers and clean them, including score reels.  It may not be resetting because it is gummed up.  If all is clean, and you have the same problem you may want to try giving the spring another revolution.  Assuming it is spring wound by one solenoid and reset by releasing the spring tension by another solenoid.

Manually check all your switches by making the relays open and close.  You could clean with scotchbrite or a burnishing tool to clean them.  Just make sure the switches are either closing or opening as designed.  You can adjust the switches with a contact adjustment tool. 

Schematic would be nice.  Check Pinball Resource.  They also have the contact adjusting.

Since it is a Genco you have a sellinium rectifier that may not be producing enough dc voltage.  Genco uses DC coils.  I still have mine, but it is recommended that they should be changed.

First thing is to clean.  Then adjust.  Then troubleshoot.

A lot of stuff.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 06:03:30 pm »

YEA !!! What Larry Said  tounge tounge

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 07:10:33 pm »

Yea indeed !! Thanks Larry for taking the time to write that. Will call Steve in the am. The 1954 schematic on the web is not close to the "56" game.

Looks from what I've found this is 18 VDC out from the sellinium rectifier (I know test it but Fluke 87 batt is dead and on order). Anyone see a problem using a toothpick dipped in DeOxit DS5 to clean the finger contacts? Understand not a good idea on 50 VAC.

At $17 a small can not going to hose everything down. Just use where needed. Worked the charm on the coin mech and alum. pin connectors. Keeping it off any bakelite bits.

Pretty sure just dirty. Nickle is worn off the coin insert. Has had a lot of play but no mods other than the 15amp extension cord. That is first to go. Thinking 30amp CFI on plug for replacement?
Thanks!
Creighton

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:23:47 pm by Creighton » Logged
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 11:09:54 pm »

I would use compressed air in as many areas as you can, then use a cheaper electronics cleaner like this one: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/crc-qd-electronic-cleaner-11-oz.-05103/7070074-P?searchTerm=electronics+cleaner

See how that works, then use the DeOxit in the trouble areas, that'll save a little money.  If you can get between the contacts, some 400+ grit sandpaper usually works really well, spray a little electronics cleaner on it and give a light sanding.

Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 11:35:40 pm »

They also make a small burnishing file for cleaning the contacts. I used them on my M-100 C Seeburg to clean the sets of contacts on the record carriage.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 03:23:41 am »

Thanks all !!
Regret this project has to go on hold for a couple of weeks. Don't think it has ever had a proper cleaning. The target hinge points are not good. Wouldn't be any fun if it worked.
Creighton

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2016, 06:03:32 am »

It would've been so rare for that Genco to work just off of a dime.  One question that everyone seems to ask me when I get a new machine was "Does it work?"  That's the funniest question ever.  The next question is "How much?"  I'm like"How much time I have to put into this or how much money?"  Money of course.  No one thinks about the time.   laugh

I'm sure it will come out great.  Take your time.  Make it fun instead of a job.  Just be careful of the backglass.  I always have a fear of breaking it.

I only had one game that worked flawlessly when I bought it and I never had to make any adjustments.  Even after 15 years of playing it.  That would be my 1967 Williams Base Hit baseball machine.  Everything else was gummed up.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: