SMC Discussion Areas
May 22, 2024, 10:36:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: United Dixie Ball Bowler  (Read 8521 times)
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 10:02:59 pm »

Hey Larry,  Good news... The problem has been found  laugh  It was in the stepper... It turned out that the tension on one of the springs was way to tight... I should of checked that closer because it was something my brother had done...  After I spotted that I check all the steppers and went through them all again.. Everything is very smooth now...  I just wanted to say thanks for your very good help!!  I do have another issue.. This one I don't think is to bad though.. On player 3 the score reels... The problem is everytime the tenth reel trips it also trips the thousandths reel... I'm assuming its in the reels... but what reel would cause this do you think? Or is it not in the reels?  It only happens on player 3...an ideas...I'm listening !  Thanks again...Brian....
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:42:35 pm by johnieG » Logged
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 09:41:47 am »

The reels rotate everytime the reel coil gets a pulse from the relays on the door, not in the switch stack.  I think the door relays are 1-10,10-90, 100's, 1,000's, etc.  Something like that.  You'll see them.

A reel resets at a zero position and starts from that zero position.  When you get one point (score, pin, whatever you call it) the reels coil gets a pulse and rotates one time.  As it rotates the nylon cam, that the reel is anchored to, rotates one step.  Every point rotates that cam one step.  When it gets to the number nine, the cam makes a switch and the next pulse it receives turns the ten column reel to a one and the ones column reel turns to a zero.  So you show the number ten on your score reels.  That switch that closed is now open and the ones reel is back to it's zero position and will continue to count until the number nine.  Where this process repeats itself.

All the reels have two switches.  One is the zero switch which kills power to the coil on reset, thats why all the reels stop at zero.  The other switch advances the next reel as stated above to the tens, hundreds, thousands.  Actually the thousands reel only has one switch.  It does not advance anything it just zero's out on reset.

A few things come to mind.  Either the tousands reel is in the hundreds spot and the hundreds reel is in the thousands spot.  The nine switch in the thousands reel is adjusted to close and vibration causes it to make.  The thousands relay, on the door, is making when it shouldn't be.  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 05:40:13 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 09:33:22 pm »

Larry's the MAN !!!    jawdrop

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 11:51:37 pm »

Hey Larry,

U know you stuff, If I even get my bowler "some day", I know who to call for help!

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 07:49:19 am »

Thanks Leonard.   

Rayg, No problem. I'll be more than happy to help.

A lot of stuff.
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 09:37:34 am »

Larry,

You are the Obi Wan Kenobi on vintage ball bowlers!!!!

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »

Ha ha Larry is the man!!! I dont think I could of done it with out him!! Thanks for all the help  smile  Tonight im going to tackle the player three reel problem...lol...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: