SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:23:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok Shame on me.. I think I got Scammed  (Read 17765 times)
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 05:43:01 am »

John,

Sorry to hear about this.  I've used the mail fraud route before, and it indeed worked.  The backstory is this...

I bought a coin mech (Coinco electric type) from a company in CA.  It was reasonably priced, shipped quickly with a tracking number, and arrived at my house promptly.  I paid thru Paypal.  Then, a year or so later, I needed another.  So, I used the same people.  This time, nothing.  After repeated calls, emails, and receiving the "it's shipping soon" garbage, I contacted both Paypal and the US Mail.  Since the transaction involved the US Mail, it constituted Mail Fraud.  An inspector called me promptly, took all my information, and went to work.  Within a few days, he called me back saying he was in contact with the company.  About a week later, I received my coin mech in OVERNIGHT, EXPRESS mail.  I guess the Post Office threatened police action.  So, in the end, I got my coin mech and it cost them much more to ship it to me than I paid for it originally.

Best of luck.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
VMAXMAN
10 Cent Member

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2013, 06:09:53 am »

Apparently he is shipping them via Greyhound Package Express...

I have never used this before and thought and asked the same thing for a tracking number..

he said the only way to track them is by him calling since he bought the "ticket" and they don't provide a tracking number..

so I'm going to call on that today unless anyone else has any insight on how the Greyhound Package Express works?

hopefull

Ok, I just checked on Greyhound Package Express and they do have Tracking numbers you can track,, so Now I'm back to worring again.. I just texted him to send me the #'s and he texted back, they will be there by Saturday.  HMMM

I've shipped greyhound....greyhound will track BUT if it starts out on trailways...they dont....and greyhound sometimes takes forever! It depends on if they have room on the bus!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2013, 09:56:50 am »

I've shipped greyhound....greyhound will track BUT if it starts out on trailways...they dont....and greyhound sometimes takes forever! It depends on if they have room on the bus!

Yes - I remember that now. There is NO guaranteed delivery date because passengers take priority over packages. The package will be left behind at the terminal if they have a full bus and they will try to get it on the next bus through.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: