SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:47:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OC embossed not welded VMC 81 three VMC eye candy  (Read 16719 times)
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 07:24:20 pm »

Evidently The Ideal Dispenser Company must have loaned Cowboy their dies for use on his generic 81's.  glare

I was told a rubber mold can be made from an original, then plastic dyes made at the fraction of the cost of metal dyes, but they only last a few presses. 
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 09:16:23 pm »

I'm glad I'm not the guy trying to stamp embossed letters into 16 guage steel with plastic dies.

Glen
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 12:41:27 pm »

If the airplane hangar story is in California, there's some truth to it.....don't know if its the same guy or not

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
Ezra
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 04:16:21 pm »

If the airplane hangar story is in California, there's some truth to it.....don't know if its the same guy or not
Nevada
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 12:11:07 pm »

I had someone tell me this week that one could buy any flavor of embossed (VMC 81) machine from the manufacturer "in the day" if they wanted to pay the up-charge for it. If that is case, I wonder why we don't see some/any of the off-brands out there? There must have been more than one made if this was the case. With all the people searching the country for rare machines, you would think that someone would have located a few or even two!

I am going to put it on my wish list along with a unicorn.  laugh Someone let me know when they open that hanger. LOL!
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 07:40:09 pm »

Resin dies are only good for very thin soft metal. To press a machine door need positive and negative hardened steel dies. Oh, and at least a 100 ton stamping press. Could be done but a very spendy undertaking.
Creighton
CFlatt

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 09:31:59 pm »

I went to the Swapmeet and saw first hand the RC 81 listed on eBay, I can't imagine there be two and both selling right now for the same price. I'll post some pictures of it when I get to the office Monday, my iPhone post too large of files for the pictures unless someone wants me to email them the pics so they can do do for me. Anyhow, the paint on it is a MAACO job at best and horrible lettering to boot. I had to double take once I had seen it at the meet today.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 09:39:53 pm »

Send the pics to cjs@lost-coast-designs.com I can crop and post.
Creighton
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 11:13:35 pm »

Anyhow, the paint on it is a MAACO job at best and horrible lettering to boot.

Everybody on this site does the best job they can on their own machines, and we are proud to share photo's with others.

We are not here to bash others but we all expect full disclosure on any machine listed for sale to the public, concerning welding, paint, lettering etc.

Somebody took a big step by cutting into a $3000.00 VMC 81 to weld in those Royal Crown letters, so we are all very anxious to see closer pic's of the finished job.

Thanks C.F. and Creighton

Glen
Pat Pixley
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 11:44:08 pm »

The Coca Cola Cowboy again OMG.  it was on here years ago   (But lost during the transfer yeah took a quick look)

Honestly I hope people would do there research first before buying , But we all know better they don't  they will buy it and then
come on here  or contact one of us restorer  only to find out  it is not real   .  And yeah  I just had a guy who bought a  ideal 35 Mountian Dew machine   at The Ron Pratt auction it was missing the rack and had the wrong mech . and was told it was the real deal  (Wink Wink ) and paid way to much and then  bummed when he found out it was not real .  we all know better  and would have passed on this, but  we cant be there to tell them no  don't do that  it's not real , We can't be every where to save them .So yeah this will help  if they read it, And we all know maybe only  a small percent will look at this .

Like Lincoln22 Said  just do it right and be honest with what you have don't try to pull the wool  over someone's eye's .

My two cents  and I can believe I'm  back on here   help
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:49:22 pm by Custom Soda Works » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: