SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 10:45:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mills 400c  (Read 4357 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« on: July 09, 2008, 10:48:22 am »

I know it is hard to determine a value on a rare machine because value is determined usually by what the going rate is, and that of course is established by supply and demand. If nobody knows about it, or if nobody wants it, it's worth nothing.

How much do you think this is worth?  I am debating about selling it.

I asked around at diffrent soda web sites to get a ballpark figure and the only response was from Alan Huffman last year.  He's offering me a Vendo 39 for it.   I know I was born in July, but I'm that it wasn't yesterday.

Steve Ebner, from Fun-tronics, said that he hasn't seen any in years, and Ed from colamachines.com said he saw one years ago too.  So they are pretty scarce.  I have an email aquantance, who owns a Lyon 500, that wants it.  Just curious what would be a good asking price.

The machine looks to be complete, but I never tested it yet.  Before I sell it, I am determined to get it running at least once.  I have to see it in action.  That would be next summer possibly.  Too many things going on right now.

Thanks,

Larry

A lot of stuff.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:03:15 pm »

Wow! That is really one neat machine. Why would you want to sell it? You may never see another one like it again.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:35:29 pm »

I'm just trying to get a ballpark figure right now.  I do have someone who is interested in it, but I also would like to get it working first before I sell it.  My only concern would be finding a replacement pump seal, if needed. 

A lot of stuff.
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 05:02:57 am »

The Walters book (granted the latest one is a 1999 edition) says:

Average Condition: $950
Fully Restored: $2700

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 04:01:36 pm »

Cup dispenser machines are getting hard to find. I wouldn't sell my Glasco 400B for less than 1500.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 07:35:42 pm »

Thanks for the advice.  I have the Walters book too, but it is outdated.  And if I remember correctly, somewhere in the book he mentioned that because of the lack of popularity, cup machines were not as valuable as a bottle machine.  I think that the popularity, for cup vendors, has grown in the last decade since the book was written.

Terry,

I was thinking around $1,500.00 or higher.  They are getting scarce.  Can you post a picture of your Glasco 400B, or send me an email with some pictures.  I would like to see it.

Brians Cole Spa is pretty neat.

Thanks,

Larry

A lot of stuff.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 08:58:34 pm »

Brian,

I'd like to hear that you are able to get the machine operational so you can learn and have the experience of this accomplishment! I would hate to see you sell it without tinkering a little...

And Terry, can you post a couple of photos of the Glasco 400B...?

My six cents,

Jim

Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 03:50:26 pm »

Hello. My Cole Spa is up and running! It took 10 months and a lot of work. They are very, very tough to restore. I am not really looking to buy soda machines anymore and have sold my unrestored stuff off. I am looking for cup machines, because I do not mind working on them. Parts are impossible to find though and when you have no parts, the machine is worthless. I was lucky, as the Cole Spa was complete. I will post some pics. It fires up, takes $.15 and kicks out a cold soda!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 04:53:42 pm »

Looking forward to some pictures.  You should make a video.  That would be cooler!

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: