SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 02:50:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Here with a DN 150-5 - Customized.....  (Read 8262 times)
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 06:28:56 am »

I think I saw a writeup on that multipin in Gameroom Magazine? I'd love to see some pics of that...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
nobliti
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 12:24:47 pm »

I think I saw a writeup on that multipin in Gameroom Magazine? I'd love to see some pics of that...

That was Rob Craigs in gameroom magazine... He was using a Future Pinball setup and I am using a Visual Pinball setup... Definitely apples and oranges... Without getting too OT in this forum with my varied basement stuff, here are a couple of quick pics....

In the second photo, just to the right of my projector screen is my Simpsons Soda machine... Just to bring this back on topic  biggrin

I have done a full write up and photogallery here for the Multipin if you have interest, and am always happy to answer any questions / comments......

See Here- http://ralphwiggum.info/index.php?option=com_morfeoshow&task=view&gallery=5&Itemid=68

Soo many toys / ideas, so little time....
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 01:01:57 pm »

jawdrop So that pinball table is an image on a flat screen?  Way too cool!  Did you have to program the games yourself or are they available for purchase somewhere?

Tim  drinking
nobliti
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 01:20:58 pm »

Yep, that is a 42" LCD in the main area and a 15" LCD in the backbox.... There are base tables created by brilliant designers (all freeware) and then there are the MANY countless hours I spent customizing these tables to work in my setup. These tables are more or less designed originally for horizontal perspective and I am running a vertical setup (obviously)....

I have a full tutorial on my site for modifying tables and the work involved if you ever decide to tackle the project yourself, but if you just want to play these great creations on your computer/laptop, head on over to www.vpforums.com to get started.... There is a slight learnign curve to get started, but if you are a pinball fan, you are doing yourself a disservice by not having this on your computer...
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 02:54:09 pm »

I'm torn. The cool factor goes right off the charts, but I spent too many quarters and too much time in my wayward young days not to appreciate mechanical  counters and knowing how much tap you can get away with without tilting.

I can't wait to get my Captain Fantastic machine restored. It's very special becasue it is the actual machine I learned to play pinball on, and bought it from the  ice cream shop where i used to play it

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
nobliti
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 03:12:50 pm »

Don't worry the nudges are setup and working on the Multipin as well....It is not meant as a replacement by any means, but definitely a cool supplement. Pinball can never really be emulated since it is truly a mechanical beast by nature. The true beauty of pinball is that you never ever play the same game twice...

Cool story about the Captain Fantastic, thanks for sharing...
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 09:44:45 pm »

Wow.. that is a nice site you have setup. While I agree with Kilroy about having the originals, I love custom stuff. My idea on custom stuff has just changed dramatically now. I've got a few modded arcade games, modded xbox and a few other toys, but now I want the next level. Thanks...  darn darn darn

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: