SMC Discussion Areas
July 01, 2024, 09:45:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Here with a DN 150-5 - Customized.....  (Read 8615 times)
nobliti
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:14:41 am »

Okay, if you are a soda machine purist, go ahead and turn your head away from the screen right about.....now...  biggrin  If you are still reading, thanks for not crucifying for what I am about to show you, a DN 150-5 I "customized" to fill my sick Simpsons obsession-

All pictures (before and after)- http://ralphwiggum.info/index.php?option=com_morfeoshow&task=view&gallery=2&Itemid=73

Now that is out of the way, I want to say hello to everyone and look forward to some of the discussion in regards to some of the different machines, tips and tricks, repairs, etc. I am a long time pinball/video game collector and have only room for 1 Soda machine, As I understand that these things tend to multiply, fear not, I am stopping at one, simply because my pinballs reproduce like rabbits and have filled my basement!

Again, hello to all and look forward to spending a bit of time getting this machine into top working condition..... Tim
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:18:52 am »

Hey Tim... Welcome to the site.. I like it... very creative!  happydrinkers

Now you can't leave us hanging on the pins...  Lets see what the rabbits made.....  biggrin

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:52:28 am »

Tim,

Very nice customization job!  How did you get the graphics done?  I am a big Simpson's fan myself; however, if I was to do a fantasy mahine I would probably do a Pawtucket Patriot Ale machine in homage to Peter Griffin of The Family Guy!  biggrin

And as Bubba said--pictures of the pinballs!!!

Welcome to the site!

Tim  drinking

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 07:40:31 am »

Just  to cool. Welcome to the site!

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 07:57:12 am »

Very cool
nobliti
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 08:23:17 am »

Hey Tim... Welcome to the site.. I like it... very creative!  happydrinkers

Now you can't leave us hanging on the pins...  Lets see what the rabbits made.....  biggrin

Here is wall 1 of 3-

I need to upload more pics of the other pin walls...

At my peak I had around 18 pins in the basement but have since streamlined to 8 so I can actually walk around  laugh To say my wife is very understanding is putting it gently.

As far as the graphics go, one of my hobbies is building custom arcade machines that play many machines one one machine (around 3500 games on one machine). I do all the graphics in Photoshop and then send them off to a guy in Michigan that prints them out on a super tough Kevlar based material that is pretty reisistent to scratching, tearing, fading, etc. The results are stunning but not exactly cheap... I think the artwork for my soda machine was just short of 300.00 but I personally feel worth every penny.

Here are pics of a custom machine I did for a gentleman and his two daughters-

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 08:31:14 am »

Very Nice Tim!
I am a purist, but also know that it is your machine.
You make me want to get out and get a pinball machine though. happydrinkers

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 09:16:03 am »

Looks great! I am a huge Simpsons fan. Believe it or not the Simpsons are huge here in Singapore also so that is one thing I don't have to live without being here. Welcome to the site! Great collection of pinball machines!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 10:54:19 am »

Cool machines.. What do you use for the multigames? MAME or xxxx-1 boards? I'm more into arcade machines than pinball. I've got 6-7 right now.. I did convert one of my games to the 60-1 jamma board.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
nobliti
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 11:39:42 pm »

Cool machines.. What do you use for the multigames? MAME or xxxx-1 boards? I'm more into arcade machines than pinball. I've got 6-7 right now.. I did convert one of my games to the 60-1 jamma board.

I used to build custom mame machines with the dual lightgun setup, spinner, trackball, etc... But it got to be way too time consuming. The last 4 machines I have built have all been 48-1s (Jamma)... Talk about super easy to do...

Honestly my crown jewel of my basement has to be the custom Multipin machine I built. It is similar to a mame machine but has all real pinball tables on it. It uses a 42" LCD and a 15" LCD aming many other things... While it will never be the same as a real pinball machine, I just have no room to have every machine I want. I also have a 14 month old son and "Daddy's Gameroom" is starting to accumulate various Little Tikes accessories/toys that need to find a home outside once Spring rolls around up here in Sunny Wisconsin....
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: