SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 10:02:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Juke Box Help  (Read 11329 times)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2011, 10:10:44 pm »

1st Matt  I'm working on setting up a date with the Guy to View the Machines . He asked me the Value of it I said I'd Have To View It In Persons & Check to See If it Cooled & the Vend Motors Work First .

Thanks Everyone For There InPut On the Juke !!! smile

I know Own My First One  tounge But have NO Ideal Were I'm gona Put It . The Chrome Really Looks Good Hardly Any Pitting I could See . But The Left Pillar Is Were the Piece is Broken out about 2in

Kilroy .I think Your Gonna Be my Next Bestis Friend  laugh  It Dose Play & Select .But It dose Hum ( I'm Guessing Amp ?? ) But Plays  Good . After Talking To the Seller For "O" 2+ Hours (I never Shut Up )  Turns Out We Know some of the same People . Also While I was there At Least 3 Other People Called On the Juke . He Allready Had 4 other Wanting To View it after Me tonight .But Because I was First He told the others He Promised Me First .

Really Great Guy & Honest  Guy . I left A Deposit & Will Return tomorrow With Finial Payment .Then I gota find Some Strong Friends .

1st Question . Is there a Way To Lock Things Down ?? So things Don't Get Knocked Out of  Whack while riding in the back of my Truck ??

And Weres The Best Place To get a  Manual ?

Again Thanks to all  !!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:16:16 pm by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2011, 10:46:52 pm »

Congrats on the new toy! happydrinkers

If the amp is humming, it probably just needs to be "recapped" as i understand.  I am having a company in Cleveland rebuild the amp for my Wurlitzer 2250 jukebox that I just bought.  I guess a straightforward amp rebuild is @ $250.

I will be sending mine out to be rebuilt soon & will send you their contact info.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 10:56:00 pm »

Congrats Larry ! ! !

If you can, transport it upright. Three people should do the trick, one in the bed of the truck pulling upward and guiding while to other two lift from the ground.
If my memory serves me, there are two, possibly four nuts that can be tightened down to keep the carriage frame from bouncing some. Make sure the glass dome is secure too!
If you drive carefully, one strap just above the selection keys should do fine.

My six cents,

Jim

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 11:02:17 pm »

Welcome to the Seeburg club!!

That's a very nice juke.

Here is two places for manuals.
www. alwaysjukin.com
http://www.victoryglass.com/default.htm

Flippa is correct. Get that amp recapped. If you are comfortable with soldering and ohm meters and such there are kits.

Here is a mailing list for Seeburgs. Better have a manual before asking questions there. They will cut you some slack since your box is vintage. Tough crowd.

seeburgjukeboxinformationclub@yahoogroups.com

Creighton
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:06:49 pm by Creighton » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 06:54:02 am »

I also extend my welcome to the Seeburg Club Len.  The fun part is when the young 'uns see a record for the first  time and are blown away.  Don't laugh, i realized my 20 something neices and nephews gew up at the end of cassette and only knew CD for music.

Jim is correct, there are four bolts to hold the mech down, search for "transporting a jukebox" there have been many discussions.  I've also removed the back door, the amp and receiver are mounted there, but it easy to disconnect, cuts the weight of the box  during moving. 
remove the tubes as a precaustion, they do have a tendency to break if bounced.

The pilaster is repopped, and available from victory glass. There are  flouresents behind theem that really set the machine off, so it's a peice of art even when it's not playing

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 12:18:49 pm »

Kilroy

Can I call you at Your Shop ??

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 02:28:48 pm »

sure, I sent my # via PM

SVOGator

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 08:35:04 pm »

Congrats on the new toy! happydrinkers

If the amp is humming, it probably just needs to be "recapped" as i understand.  I am having a company in Cleveland rebuild the amp for my Wurlitzer 2250 jukebox that I just bought.  I guess a straightforward amp rebuild is @ $250.

I will be sending mine out to be rebuilt soon & will send you their contact info.

Hey Flippa, if you woudnt mind, PM me the info on that place in Cleveland as well as i have just purchased a Seeburg C and would be interested in thier services as well. ( Sorry to hijack the thread. )
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 08:39:45 pm »

We charge 180-185  for mono amp rebuild.

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 11:05:12 pm »

Kilroy ,

I'll be Calling Tomorrow  smile  Whats the Best time ?

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: