SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 11:55:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Rick Dale/American Resto BS?  (Read 18725 times)
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« on: October 04, 2011, 10:27:10 pm »

So is the single door Victor *that* rare? Only 200 still around?
And was this a *real* customer or some guy brought in from South Dakota
from his hunting lodge?
Nice machine. But the son is dumb as dirt. And the workers seem like they were
brought in outta the backwoods. I ain't impressed by all these reality show
know-it-alls spouting the history of their *finds*.
The sh*t is getting deeper...
cokecolaman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 11:23:40 pm »

I agree...it's getting harder to watch...although, I've never seen the one door Victor in person...I'm guessing it really is rare.

VMC Coke 88 (nice original)
VMC Pepsi 81
VMC Orange Crush 81
VMC Squirt 81
VMC Dr. Pepper 81
VMC RC 81
VMC 7up 81 st
Vendo 44 original
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Cavalier 33
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:44:04 am »

That was the cooler that I was talking about in an earlier post an mistankenly identified it as a 1-door True Cooler.

Yes, the Victor 1-Door is uncommon but it still isn't classified as the "Holy Grail" of Coca-Cola machines as Mr. Dale stated. That's a HUGE stretch.

Brian
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 07:11:08 am »

Again I quit watching it.. The employees handling and lack of care for the items brought in,
the crazy prices he just quotes... only to add more to it as the time of pick up comes along.
and the lack of seeing the process... it comes in, you see a part sandblasted then next it's
complete.... all with these little pop up bubbles with wording about history of the item...

I had enough months ago. But most (90%+) don't know the difference in the history of the items
and/or don't care. I just didn't see reason to watch anymore...

Again I see better “Step by Step” right here... I've had pieces fabricated identical to originals
by hard working, caring folks with attention to detail (not some guy riding in on a motorcycle
with some handtools banging on a piece of metal to make a bike seat, that by the way you never
see completed).
This site is so much better than that show!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:33:56 am »

I watch the show to see what comes in the door.  I'm not impressed with the finished product that much.  I watch the pickers for the same reason.  Pawn Stars has some great stuff come in, but it's all set up.  It has to be.  People don't take stuff like that to a pawn shop.  Pawn shops get jewelry, tv's, radios, and tools.

This is the kind of TV people want to watch.  Why do good shows get cancelled and crap like Jersey Shore keeps moving along?  Today's kids are the "now" generation.  They don't grasp the concept of working for something.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:38:40 am »

I watch the show to see what comes in the door.  I'm not impressed with the finished product that much.  I watch the pickers for the same reason.  Pawn Stars has some great stuff come in, but it's all set up.  It has to be.  People don't take stuff like that to a pawn shop.  Pawn shops get jewelry, tv's, radios, and tools.

Don't be fooled by Ricks customers either... Most of this is set up as well... I'd be that over 75% or more is actors and him pulling stuff out of the back yard to get restored... or like in my case.. they (the producers) bought two VMC 27's from me a few months back and one was just featured a few weeks ago... It was %100 set up and scripted and the fact that he had to "Search" for the missing parts.. like a drum for a 27 and another door (yeah those peices are readily available... ha ha..)  the other machine he bought from me had those parts... that is why I sold them as a set.. to make one complete one!...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 08:44:43 am »

All I can Say it Is Rare probably even by definition . But I have Seen 3 of them in My Tri-State area in Private collections over the last 10 years .2 in Kentucky And One in Ohio . But Worth $10.000 Grand NOT in my Oppion .

I also Like The True Single Door

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 09:00:21 am »

There is only 1 Holy Grail of Coke coolers and  this is it.  The show is starting to suck big time for all the above reasons

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:07:33 am »

I got a Victor C-14 - first $10,000 gets it!  biggrin

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Ken R
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 06:08:35 pm »

I've got the first Coke machine, coin-op, that ever rolled off the assembly line, first serial number and all.   tounge  And if you believe that one, I've also got some oceanfront property in Yuma I can sell you with it!!! laugh

Vendolator VMC-149
Vendolator VF-56-7
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: