SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:53:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USS-8-64 vend problem  (Read 5931 times)
87bob

Old enough to know better still to young to care!

« on: November 16, 2013, 07:50:41 pm »

The USS-8-64 I have will vend all the slots except the bottom one. Every thing else works great. Does anyone have one of these machines that has had it apart and may be able to give a check list of where to start?
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 08:23:55 pm »

I can't help you with it myself, as I don't have one.

For those who are familiar with these machines, it would probably be helpful if you could describe what is happening in that slot when you attempt a vend. Are you able to turn the knob like you normally would, but the drink isn't delivered, or is the knob refusing to turn through the proper radius? In other words, is it acting like it's locked up or stuck when you try to turn it?
87bob

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 09:08:55 pm »

The knob refuses to turn. I have in mind that there must be a solenoid that may be out of adjustment all the other positions work just fine. This one just stays locked as if something is out of adjustment or broken. 
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 09:27:48 pm »

I would investigate the lockout plate located just prior to where the product vends.
If any of those plates have no weight on them, it indicates empty and another selection must be made.

Glen
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 11:01:07 pm »

Have you checked the empty product flapper at the front of the cradle?  Simple system, the flap is pressed down when product is in the cradle, moving the top of the 'L' away from the front of the mechanism allowing it to turn.  They get out of adjustment and may not pull all the way forward over time, may take a little bending to get it back into shape.

If not that, I have had problems with the bottom cradle getting stuck after painting, there isn't a lot of clearance there and even the slight bit of paint caused it to stick.

87bob

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 08:23:12 pm »

Guys, Thanks for the suggestions I have it working.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »

Guys, Thanks for the suggestions I have it working.

And the fix was.....Huh??

87bob

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 08:57:49 pm »

Several things, one was the shelf was not installed correctly, the product empty flapper did need adjustment and the back stop was not square so the bottles did not roll down correctly. 
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 09:38:32 pm »

Cool, it's always good to follow-up with what the actual fix was so the thread can be referenced in the future if someone else runs into the same problem...glad you got it working!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: