SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 12:38:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My V-63 is done  (Read 10046 times)
TMC

« on: June 21, 2011, 10:28:51 am »

I just want to say thanks to all the help I have received the last few weeks on the restoration of my Vendo-63 attached are before and after photos. I am not a collector of Coke Machines like some of you guys on here so this was a big learning experience for me. I used to restore 80’s Arcade games and didn’t think it would be that hard…(boy was I wrong). Working with metal is so much harder then working with wood and that is one lesson I will never forget. Here is a list of what I did:

I removed every screw, nut, and bolt. The old leg levers were the most difficult I had to drill out the center and heat them up to get them to budge.

I sanded the entire body and filled dents with bond-o hand sanded and primed. (This was harder than I thought. It is an art)

I changed the compressor and Receiver with a known working one. I cleaned painted and added a 3 in 1 start relay. (This was not as difficult as I thought and making a stand for the compressor and Receiver is a must).

I painted the White squares on the side using Duplex automotive paint (Polar Arctic white) then clear coated (it looks awesome).

All the other removable white pieces were sand blasted and powder coated including the front plate for the Bottle dispenser (It was very difficult to disassemble and reassemble the bottle dispenser and I highly recommend 2 people for the extra hands to line parts up and take lots of pictures).

Covered the White squares and used Painters vinyl tape to ensure a very clean edge. (worked great, unlike 3-M tape that still allows paint to get under it) We painted the red paint a shade of Very Red that was professionally mixed for me from a friend. It is commercial airline grade Poly-Urethane and it just pops. We turned my garage in to a paint booth and painted there not to messy but had lots of plastic draped everywhere to catch the overspray.

Prior to assembly I tumbled every screw, nut and bolt I could fit into my Berry Tumbler for 2 days.

I cleaned all the galvanized parts with CLR and a wire brush. I did paint the bottom of the tub with cold galvanized paint; but left all other galvanized parts as original as I could.

The cardboard trick to install the tub is awesome; however I did learn you have to use very thin cardboard I started with thick and it was too much and I could not get the tub in place. As soon as I got some very thin cardboard it worked perfectly.

A big thanks to Fun-tronics the products they sell are second to none. I got new decals, Marquee, and fan shroud. (They rock).
Well if anyone has any questions on how I did something I will do my best to answer they way I did it. It is not perfect but I had a lot of fun doing the work and it keeps my beer nice and cold

Vendo-63
Rowe Legend Jukbox
Mame Machine
60-1 Cocktail
2 Offroad Thunders (linked)
Seawolf
Chicago Cubs Triple Play
Cirqus Voltaire
Family Guy
Revenge From Mars
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:45:05 am »

Looks great!
And restoring any machine is quite a challenge and undertaking!

Gotta love the cold beer!
I have a close friend who wants a soda machine, but his wife won't go there. She says the beer from their spare frig is just fine, but there is no comparison between frig beer and soda machine beer!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
RED SPARKS
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 01:01:37 pm »

Looks great.

"Not everyone can be a hero, somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"- Will Rogers

BOOMER SOONER!!!
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 02:19:26 pm »

Looks good. Nice job.
Do you have any arcade games keeping your Coke machine company?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Pat Pixley
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 03:27:45 pm »

Looks nice from the pictures you will have to post pictures of the inside. smile
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 04:27:27 pm »

I agree arcade games go great with coke machine,  Brent... check out you Arcade80 site, got a sweet setup and some great games  very cool!  Cool

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Wojcik
25 Cent Member

GO WINGS!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:48:52 pm »

Great job! Looks great! smile

1941 Stoner Theater Candy  (unrestored)
1947 Pop'Corn Sez Warmer  (restored)
1920's Coca-Cola themed cash register
S & S 700 7up ice chest
Vendo 81D
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 05:00:33 pm »

Women just don't understand. My wife has never had a cold soda out of a cooler. There is a big difference. The machine looks brand new.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 05:25:50 pm »

Nice job... looks great.. Ditto the comments on the arcades.. There are a bunch of us here with them also...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 05:41:26 pm »

You did an excellent job.  I have a restored Vendo 63 and I love it!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: