SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 08:46:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why We Left Chicago Early  (Read 2800 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« on: April 04, 2009, 04:35:21 pm »

Well Tonya and I had a great time... Tonya really enjoys meeting everyone and this time around
other wives showed up! But we had to cut this show sort as Saturday was the first day of Youth Hunt and our 11 year old wanted to go... His first time shooting something that moved... so I could not miss it if he got one.... and he did! A little over 20lb turkey with a 9" beard... This was a real self-esteem builder for him... I am so proud of him... His hunt turned out better than mine!
I got up at 3:30 to meet up with John and Brian to hunt machines Friday morning... we had wind and rain... and I found nothing... But did have a great time!!!!
Ausint got up at 5... sat in the woods, Uncle Aaron made some calls the find came to him! So see hunting machines is A LOT harder than hunting turkey! (wonder how you call Quikolds?)

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:41:58 pm »

Eric
  I'm so glad to hear your son got a bird. I missed you leaving on Friday, but we will talk soon. I'm working on a cooler call. It involves a 12 oz. Grapette bottle, and a section of a tub liner.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 08:26:54 am »

Cool,
congrats to your son, glad you guys made it back ok..Deb and I had a lot of fun hanging out and having a few meals with you guys!
Tom, let us know when you perfect that Quickcold call, and maybe we can adapt it for the Selmix Dispenser, Decappers and some other rare "birds"!. biggrin

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 05:53:42 am »

Hi Eric:
Janet and I made it home finally late Sunday night. It was great meeting everyone for dinner. I am glad that your son got his first turkey. That had to be a big rush for him. Now you won't have time for us anymore. He'll have you a full time hunter. Next it will be deer, then geese, then bear. Nothing better than hunting or fishing with your kids.
Again Jant and I really enjoyed meeting everyone, and had a great show.  biggrin
Rod
Fun-Tronics

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 01:45:45 pm »

Eric tell your son Congrats! I took a 10 year old boy out turkey hunting this past Sat. for "youth" day in VA. He had never heard a wild turkey gobble. His eyes got huge when 2 toms starting gobbling around 6:45. I encourage everone to get our youth involved in the great outdoors, it is the only way to preserve it.

Anderson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: