SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 10:39:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A lesson in trust  (Read 11805 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 09:39:13 am »

really sorry to hear that..

Curtis, I borrowed your Sun Maid Idea. Didn't know it was yours at the time so apologies if I have offended you. We do have an Ocean between us and if I did ever sell it it would be to a different market.

Dave
zadd
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 09:45:16 am »

I love the carburetor  lamp . Very nice work !

Zadd
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Bottle Machine
Dr Pepper Queen Anne Can Machine
7up Ideal 55 slider
Vendo 81D
VMC 33D
Nehi Pelco Koolie
cyberphox

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 11:19:59 am »

that does suck...you were the first to respond and help me with my actuator on my machine...
Appreciate the help...hope things can get worked out and you stick around and still be as helpful as always!
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 12:02:19 pm »

That truly sucks!!!   Imitation may be the truest form of flattery, but not in this case.   True, this is a soda machine forum, but as mentioned in the past, if someone on the board is that unscrupulous as to effectively "steal" income from you by taking your mental property, than thats not cool in my book and I'd rather not have to worry about dealing with them.   If you can't trust the folks who you rely on for info then your kind of on your own and what's the point of the site....example, I had contacted Rod from Fun-tronics a short time ago as I remembered seeing his Hershey Stoner sometime back and I loved the graphics (I'm working on a machine with my daughter now).  I could blow up pix and take to a shop and try to get copies made, but that's not how I roll.  I contacted him and when he explained the work (not to mention expense) that went into the design and production and he created it as a one off-er....I respected that and left it at that. You reap what you sow..........Anyway, your product is truly gorgeous and I hope to have the funds to purchase a piece or two shortly.  I have also referred several friends to your Etsy site and everyone thinks its beautiful and a really neat idea. 
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 01:59:55 pm »

That sucks. Nice work by the way. Call him out on it!

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
TheGarbageHunter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 02:50:53 pm »

That sucksssssss!

Garbage Gold Hunter
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 02:55:08 pm »

I would call him out on it too! It's one thing if someone you don't know copies your idea but to have another SMC member do that is very poor. I guess I thought there was some "assumed" respect for other members on this board. Please PM me the link so I know who to support and who not to. That just plain stinks!
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 03:26:10 pm »

Sorry for your bad lesson learned Tom. That really sucks...Your lamps are really cool!

However, I too am getting tired of not calling people out on this site. It seems like many members walk on eggshells and won't name the guilty culprit.

Why is that?  Is it for fear of repercussion?  We would all be better off knowing who we shouldn't deal with...c'mon everyone...grow some b's!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:28:59 pm by Slider-Bob » Logged

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 03:32:18 pm »

Maybe we could just call him out and not grow the "b's"  blush
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 04:09:58 pm »

That does suck, but could you send me detail pictures and measurements so I can understand this situation a little better. biggrin  Seriously, sorry to hear that.  I don't like when you help someone and then they end up screwing you in the end.  That's not cool.

I agree that general chit chat is just that.  Chat away.

I also agree in exposing anyone who wronged anyone on this site.  If I ever do anything intentionally or unintentionally to anyone on this site that is wrong one way or another, feel free to let everyone know.

Did you write these people and verify that they were the ones that were selling your designs? 

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: