SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 04:25:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Show  (Read 11970 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: April 10, 2015, 02:37:59 pm »

Whoever is going to the show... be safe getting there and have fun!!!

Don't forget to post LOTS of pictures for us who are tied down with jobs and wives and cant make it there!  darn

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 03:31:49 pm »

Ditto...

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
crackerman_don
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 07:18:22 pm »

Here Here copy that!!!!!!! wow wow

Vendo-39
Vendo-27a
Vendo-56
7 up VMC-33
Popperette
Vendo 27
Vendo 44
Pepsi Gullwing
Minut pop
Seeburg W
You'll Like popcorn
Glasscock Counter Top
Popcorn Sez
jbrumett
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 08:21:20 pm »

Only thing I've heard is that its cold. Yesterday wasn't too kind with bad storms in the area. 

I'm sure others who actually went will chme in with their awesome finds

Jeff.

Pepsi 81, 7up 81, Generic 81
Vendo Milk & Ice Cream
2 Stoner Theaters, Cigarette, Pastry, Cafe 500
Minit Pop, Popcorn Sez, You'll Like It
U Select It
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 09:19:49 pm »

I would love to go but im from west texas and its way too cold in Chicago in April, and I could never afford anything there. jawdrop

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 09:34:13 pm »

Wish I could have gone. Work seems to always get in the way .................maybe in the fall.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 12:26:15 pm »

Thanks to Leonard for selling me the nice Generic VMC 110 at the show! Sweet machine and I was really happy to get. And NOOOO... I am not going to flip it. LOL!!!

Pics coming later. It's a finally a beautiful day here and I have some manure to spead while the sun is shining.  This is different than the "manure" that was spread last week.  laugh

B.
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 12:48:23 pm »

And NOOOO... I am not going to flip it. LOL!!!

B.

Ok, now that's funny. Nice to see we can all have a sense of humor. What flavor is the generic 110 going to be?

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 12:51:12 pm »

I have some manure to spead while the sun is shining. 

I don't know what you're growing with that manure Bea, but if it's buying you all these rare soda machines
I want to come over and help you!  biggrin

Glen
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 01:14:23 pm »

Congratulations Brenda nice machine
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 05:55:45 pm »

Hey... we're not in Colorado so we're still just growing hay for our hay-recyclers, otherwise known as horses.  Being a vintage girl has it's draw backs. Broke my 1942 manure spreader after a load and a half.  veryangry I am getting tired of emptying that thing by hand with a pitch fork... Will skip the gym tonight. Will work on getting that 110 photo soon...

Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 07:24:34 pm »

Brenda  smile

It was my pleasure !!!!! To help supply your collection ! I have the up most respect for Yours and Linda hard work collecting the VMCs  
And I can't  wait to party in the room in the fall those drinks were GREAT !! You guys made And I should have drank more the 4  drinking

I really don't care as much about buying and selling at the show as I'm more interested in see the group  of friends I've made on Soda Machines because of Jim's hard work . Hanging with You & Linda ,Jim ,Bob ,Pat,Brian , George & Shane , Janet & Rod . And Chuck & his Buddy Matt that work the show to make it like it is .

And a Special Shout out to My Buddy Larry for finding me a Popperette over a year ago and then after the last fall show offered to rewire it for me because of my concerns .And ended up spending over 30 hours cleaning it alone and polishing all the parts and testing it WAY above the what I was expecting  tounge  

Even know there wasn't much there and the weather was all over I consider this the BEST Show I've been too !!!  Hanging with Family  smile
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:44:16 am by Ltransam » Logged

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 09:06:21 pm »

Sorry I couldn't make it.  'Maybe' the fall show this year.  I had a great time the last time I went.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pat Pixley
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 09:08:29 pm »

It was nice to see everybody hung out with  so many great people  and bought some cool stuff ,  I have pictures out there  on FB and so does Curtis  stop by and check it out .
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 06:56:01 am »

Here are the promised photos of the Generic 110. Looks like it had at least two "previous lives," perhaps one as as Dr Pepper and one as a Pepsi? Check out the photos and see what you think...

Sorry if this posted a couple of times... had problems with picture size- think I finally got it figured out.

B.
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 07:03:17 am »

Congrats b! Looks like a solid machine

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 07:06:39 am »

Two of the best machine finders- Leonard and Slider Bob!!  These guy unearth some of the most amazing machines! Wish I could find them like they do.
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 08:03:23 am »

That's a nice VMC 110 that Leonard found on the way to the show!
And Brenda...you are by far one of the best machine finders out there.  Leonard and I have nothing on you!

It was great seeing everyone at the show, and sharing a few stories/drinks with the gang over dinner and at the bar.  I managed to finally find a popperette (with no base and a repopped globe), but got one nonetheless. Special thanks to Brenda for pointing it out to me (see what I mean guys?), and a big thanks to John Nelson (Signguy) for inspecting it, and for his input and advice to make sure I didn't buy a "problem-ette".  I'm gonna wait on taking it to Larry for a rewire/overhaul as he just finished up with Leonard's popperette, and he needs a break!

Overall, the show was light on attendance (bad weather) and on soda machines, but was great on the social camaraderie front. Can't wait till November!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 08:01:56 pm »

I did my usual Thursday meet and greet with all the SMC members and as usual enjoyed talking to each other.  It's always fun to chat with a few members and hear some stories.  I bought an unusual shuffle from a guy in Canada, met him in the parking lot and loaded it into the mini van before the next batch of rain hit.  I had about two minutes to spare.  While walking to the front door of Portillos I saw in the far distance real dark billowy clouds with a huge wedge shaped bottom.  Me and some other guy stared at it for a minute or so and wondered if it was a tornado.  We both were like nahhh, and went in to eat.  That was about five or ten minutes before Rochele got hit.  I wonder if it was a tornado.  I never saw one before.

Leonard, you are welcome for all the dismantling, cleaning, drinking, polishing, more cleaning, more drinking, wiring, rebuilding, reassembling, adjusting, testing, ...holy cow that's a lot of words with "ing" in them.  Like I told you before, it's about time that you are on the receiving end of favors.  You always help so many other people out (including myself numerous times).  I wanted to make sure that it was in top notch condition when you got it.  I was more than happy to do it for you.  You are a great friend.  I hope you and Sue enjoy it.

Slider-Bob wants what.........ha, ha, ha, ha,.......that was a good one. laugh  laugh  tounge  laugh  biggrin  Oh Bob, you're such a funny guy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:05:15 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 08:24:53 pm »

That 110 looks nice, you can even leave it as is, displays well. I see both green and blue so Dr. Pepper and Pepsi would be my guess also unless a Dr. Pepper bottle door was put on a Pepsi machine? Either way very nice. What flavor is it going to be next?

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 10:38:57 pm »

My dad and I had a great time at the show too. It was fun going out for dinner and drinks with all you guys and gals. Thanks to Brenda for hosting the first spicy CEASER party.

Len - thanks for driving us to the filling station.

Already looking forward to the fall show ! The count down is on !!!!

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 10:36:10 am »

I had a great Chicago Show.
Driving down in pouring rain sucked but as we pulled into the lot on Thursday afternoon around 4pm , the sky parted and the sun came out and warmed up to nearly 70 degrees! We had an open trailer and of course people started asking what we had.. so we started to unload a few things and selling , cause why not. it was a awesome.. we sold EVERYTHING we had brought by 6:30pm that NIGHT!!!!
went and met the group at portillos for a few hours and hung in the hotel till around 9pm and off to bed.
next day with nothing to set up or sell we were up and shopping with everying by 4:30am and ddn't find anything I needed in the AM, helped Bob find a popperette and just had a good time.
Bought a Coke Clock inside during the dealer preview that I didnt' have yet for a decent price.

The BEST part of the trip though was on Thursday night around 8pm I get an email from a guy selling a "10 cent coke machine" this was in his description,.. asking if I was interested in buying it. he had reluctantly bought it from his boss who was moving and realized he didn't want it and was going to be too much work to redo.
I emailed back for photos and or a model number figuring just some old square top or slider.... at 10pm he emailed me a picture of a Vendo 81b. oh I said lets talk tomorrow (Friday) Morning.  tounge
he called me at 9am and told me the story, blah blah .. I finally asked so what do you need for it.. he said he spent $600 on it and needed to get his money back on it. so I say ok so you need $600.. he says yep.., tounge I ask where are you located, he said in Indiana about 1 hour south of Chicago, I say, ok that's cool, I happen to be in the Chicago area and he then says well I could meet you half way if you have cash... I said I do and sure. He said he was going to get up and go get it out of his storage and call me back with a place half way to meet.. so at 10am he calls me and says lets meet in Joliet.. by this time , I only found a clock at the show, my buddy Tom is done looking too, so we head south toward's Joliet... sorry I didn't get to say GOOD BYE to everyone still at the show, but I was on a mission!..
After finding our way to Joliet which actually took about an hour we met the guy at a gas station, we unloaded it , it looked pretty good and paid the main plus $50 for his time/gas and I had a $650.00 Vendo 81 B in the back or our empty trailer! and if course a BIG SMILE on my face (after he left)..

so overall Chicago Trip this year was great!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:38:10 am by SIGNGUY » Logged

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 11:48:02 am »

Great story John. Good for you.... happydrinkers

Rod
Fun-Tronics
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 12:13:44 pm »

Wow John, did you think to buy lottery tickets on the way home?   Great adventure.   happydrinkers

Glen
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 03:16:10 pm »

Great story congratulations
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »

Just chiming in to share on the fun with this show!
Not the best for me locating stuff, but time well spent with everyone ! ! !
I'm bringing home a bunch of stuff anyway...
A Big Thank You goes out to Brenda for the cocktails ! ! !
John, Glad to hear the trip south worked out!
I hope everyone had no issues traveling home!

My six cents,

Jim

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 12:02:18 am »

OK Brenda....what is the fuss about your drink? Does it have manure in it?  tounge  j/k

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 07:37:19 am »

In Canada the "Ceasar" is a variation of the Bloody Mary.. or maybe the Bloody Mary is a variation of the Ceasar! My fellow Canadians can chime in on this if I get something wrong. The Ceasar is made with Vodka and Clamato Juice, as opposed to tomato juice or bloody mary mix. It has a shake or two of Worchestershire and a shake of Tabasco sauce. We add a rim garnish made up of various spices (that we get in Canada), some snacks on a toothpick (sausage, cheese, olive) and stir it all up with a celery stick. In western Canada they sometimes add a dash of horseradish sauce... we skip that after having a Ceasar at the Calgary Stampede that still has my sinuses blown open! I am sure that there are many variations, this is just how we make them.

At the fall show, we were all talking about Cesears so Linda and I thought, "why don't we just make some and invite everyone over for one?" So that's how it started! Slider Bob brought some snacks and Voila! we had a gathering. Linda was our "most excellent" bartender and did a fabulous job of keeping our glasses full!

We'll look for you at the fall show Tom so we can make you one! We won't even use any manure!  laugh

B.
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 07:45:19 am »

Those drinks were awesome! Great job ladies!

On a side note, can someone provide a link to Pat's or Curtiss's facebook page so we can look at the pics?  

I don't have a facebook account, and when I go to facebook.com, it prompts me to log on with an ID that I don't have.  

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:50:52 am by Slider-Bob » Logged

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 03:01:04 pm »

Sounds good Brenda! And I do need to make it to Chi-Town!

In my youth, around the time U2 came out with the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday" I used to host Sunday Bloody Mary parties. We'd hang, watch sports and videos on my Beta player (lol) and "get over" the night before....good times!
My Bloody Mary's had names like -
Attitude Adjustment was the 1st one
Mood Enhancer was your 2nd
A Wink was the 3rd
and the 4th was The Shutter cause you were out.

Your recipe is very similar to mine except I use the Tabasco (Mild) B.M. mix and the Chipotle Tabasco, Black Pepper and my grandmother's Seasoned Salt. I'll send you some to try with this next mech - it is good on almost everything.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 03:04:01 pm »

Gotta love any U2 references  smile

My Team (the Leafs) just fired their entire coaching staff / scots (23 in total) on Sunday.... sports talk shows here are calling that day "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
Sorry to get off topic.... but my name is Bonovox of U2   lol

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2015, 05:56:16 pm »

Talk on the Detroit side is that Shanny is going to try to deal for Babcock

Back to Chicago. One day I will get there

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up
  Print