SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 04:19:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roll Call for Chicago Show  (Read 53483 times)
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2010, 10:54:59 am »

I thought the show was one of the better shows in years. I just sold this year and did not even have the time to walk around! I sat up at 4:45 am on Friday across from Signguy and was so busy that did not even walk around until Pat watched my space for like 10 mins at around noon! Overall, I sold off a good portion of my candy machines that I took and some soda one's. Did not sell as many 7up signs or items I wanted to, but there is always Craigslist and Greedbay for that stuff! Sorry I could not make it Thursday night! I always miss the dinner! Great seeing everyone and I will post pics of the one thing I did buy! Larry's Mills 400!! Thanks again Larry!

By the way I went there with 12 machines and only came back with 4, so overall a good show to sell stuff. Look forward to April!

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
vintage-air
10 Cent Member

Restoring America...1 machine at a time!

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2010, 04:44:47 pm »

Let's see some pics from the show on Sat. and Sun. I didn't have a chance to go to the inside show on Sat. and just wondered how it was.

RC-81
Pepsi -81
Coca Cola 81-D's
Vendo 39's
Vendo 44's
WD-12's
WH5-T
Westinghouse Junior
Victor 3 door cooler
Lots of picnic coolers... RC, Grapette, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Orange Crush
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2010, 07:32:46 pm »

Just got back into town myself, but I'm glad to see everyone had a great time and the show, weather and prices were good ! ! !
Nice photo(s) of everyone at dinner ! ! !
I need to get up there next year and finalize an SMC Convention...

My six cents,

Jim

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2010, 10:32:56 pm »

Whew... back... what a drive... but it was worth it.. nice meeting some of the new guys.... went by fast..
Show was great.. good weather for Friday morning.... good stuff.... Need to start saving now for next November.
I bought the 7up junior with the help of a friend and his smooth buying skills. The Pepsi standard was killer
and lots of good round tops and candy machines on Friday thanks to the members of this site.
Wife and I had a great time... can't wait till next November. Thanks folks for talking and visiting with me it was fun.  happydrinkers
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:34:36 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
rayg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2010, 11:20:18 pm »

Wow!  allot of great pictures, it looks like everyone had fun, maybe I'll be able to make it next year  biggrin   Ray

1954 Stoner Senior
1964 United Orbit shuffle bowler   
1973 Cavalier USS-96
1976 Atari Night Driver
1979 Space Invaders Deluxe
1980 Centipede Cabaret (60in1)
1984 Williams Laser Cue Pinball
1993 IGT Wild Cherry Slot
1996 Police Trainer
2016 Visual Pinball Machine
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2010, 12:15:45 am »

I bought the 7up junior with the help of a friend and his smooth buying skills. The Pepsi standard was killer
and lots of good round tops and candy machines on Friday thanks to the members of this site.
Wife and I had a great time... can't wait till next November. Thanks folks for talking and visiting with me it was fun.  happydrinkers

Eric So you bought that 7UP JR.  I went back to look at it and see what the lowest that they would take for it and it was gone,
good for you it going to a good home  smile,  So is this going to add to the collection of stuff to get done  biggrin..

And totally agree can not wait to get back there in Nov of next yr.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2010, 01:40:12 am »

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Jim, have blocked this date off for next year. Would be great to get all of us "far away" folks there as well.

Thanks to everyone who posted pictures.
Creighton
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2010, 07:19:23 am »

Defintely going to try next year... Almost got there this year..
Almost is not good enough though and have followed this thread eagerly waiting
for photos.
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2010, 08:32:29 am »

It definitely was the largest show in many years. The parking lot was full of vendors almost to the end of the parking lot. It seemed to me like the prices where kind of high on the unrestored machines that would need to be restored. There were a lot of new vendors there this year and a lot of regulars did not show. All in all it was a great show and a huge turn out from the memebers Soda-machines. It was great to meet everyone!
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2010, 10:44:58 am »

I didn't take much in photos this year, was too busy selling, Like Brian said , it was a good show.. I probably will do the spring show too and definately Nov. again..
For those of you who wanted inside photos.. go to the Photo gallery and look under last years and years previous photos.. as it doesn't change much from year to year.. similiar stuff every time..
Here is one more group shot from the SMC annual Convention Dinner  biggrin
Also a big thank you to Rod and Janet from Funtronics, they ended up picking up the Room rental Fee for all of us!!! Thank you Funtronics you guys Rock!
Attached is the photo.. I'll do my best to name everyone, there where only a few I didn't meet for some reason?
From Left to Right, starting in Front:
__________,Janet (Funtronics),Rod (Funtronics), Me (Signguy),Jnapp,Brian Beeson,Diego (Coke Machines and more), Matt Carter
Back Row: Pat Pixley, David D, Jeff (Vintage Air), Larry (Formerly Mills400c), Eric , __________, ____________, Tom from Jersey.

I met the other guys, but sorry, can't recall names.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: