SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 02:44:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first machine - vendo 63 (pepsi)  (Read 8962 times)
Alligator

« on: August 14, 2013, 12:17:08 am »

Picked up a vendo 63 pepsi machine about a week ago at a yard sale.

Had a hard time lifting it up onto my truck, so I loaded it onto the dolly and wheeled it home!  Quite an adventure.  It wasn't too far though I live down the street, maybe a couple hundred yards.

Backstory on the machine: The lady I picked it up for used to work for Pepsi.  The machine was in a break room at some location.  When the machine was retired they gave the Pepsi employees a chance to buy it.  It has been in her garage since.  She said it has never sat outdoors.

Did some very minor cleanup on it then plugged it in.  I've never owned a machine before so wasn't sure what to expect.  After running for several hours the internal temp was about 64 degrees.  After messing with the thermostat some I let it sit overnight.  Still wasn't cold.  Too make a long story short the condenser fan was not working.  Purchased a replacement fan motor online.  As a work around I have just a standard desktop fan blowing right on the coils and it works great that way (albeit jimmy rigged).  The soda cans come out with a little bit of frost on them and the first sip or two is a little slushy.  Fantastic.  Coin mech works excellent and there is not a lot of rust. All the parts seem present, except for the Vendo script in the lower left corner. (two rivet holes only)

Does it look all original?  Anyway to determine year?
Please give me your comments. 

Anyhow here are some of the pics. (sorry they were quick snaps)
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 06:49:59 am »

Nice !!! I like the little Squire Machines

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 07:59:47 am »

The 2 holes in the corner were for an inventory plate, not a Vendo logo. You could probably find an era correct sticker to put there.

You have the newer style 63 that offered the can stack, probably produced late 60's early 70's.

$200.00 is an excellent price for that machine, in fact I don't think you could find a nicer 63 at any price.

Glad you had a dolly with a strap on it. We know a guy who hauled his first machine home in a wheelbarrow.  biggrin

Glen
Alligator

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 08:28:32 am »

The 2 holes in the corner were for an inventory plate, not a Vendo logo. You could probably find an era correct sticker to put there.

You have the newer style 63 that offered the can stack, probably produced late 60's early 70's.

$200.00 is an excellent price for that machine, in fact I don't think you could find a nicer 63 at any price.

Glad you had a dolly with a strap on it. We know a guy who hauled his first machine home in a wheelbarrow.  biggrin

Forgot to mention, yes it has a can stack.  The lady mentioned it was originally setup for bottles and was converted to cans.
There are also two rivet holes on the left top side of the machine.  Something used to be there, not sure what.  Maybe a "property of pepsi" plate?  The serial number tag is on it halfway down the left side.
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 08:35:15 am »

Good Score. Gr8 machine.

Greg
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:27:01 am »

Love the look. Congrats!

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pat Pixley
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 03:44:01 pm »

Great machine great price and welcome to the site  smile

And we even know a guy that pulled the seat out of Tbird as well   tounge  Right Glenn  smile .
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 09:49:00 pm »

Welcome,,another new guy here from Alabama and just got my first 63 and will be my second machine, first was a Vendo Spintop, to go through. Love the 63 and great story,,worth the trip home the hard way.lol
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 01:51:07 pm »

I love the look of that marquee. Pepsi certainly had Coke beat on their illumination design. The can vending is very handy too. Bravo!
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 01:57:02 pm »

I love the look of that marquee. Pepsi certainly had Coke beat on their illumination design. The can vending is very handy too. Bravo!

Thanks,,appreciate it. The marquee is different,,,still trying to locate info on it. Thanks again.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: