SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 08:32:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: V56 compressor and frost  (Read 3518 times)
DrDragon
« on: July 31, 2009, 08:25:56 am »

I plugged in the machine and it started cooling. In the morning the bottles were warm and this pic shows the amount of ice/frost. I hadn't put the door panel seal on yet but that's probably not the problem is it? Both fans operate.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 12:04:56 pm »

the missing door-seal will actually let in quite a lot of humid air which would cause the frosting over of the evaporator coils you see, also it would cause the thermostat to never shut off, which again would lead to frosting over of the coils. ( because the evaporator would never have time to defrost between on/off cycles)

even with the evaporator fan running, once the coils plug-up with frost, it snowballs from there ... tounge (HAA!!! bad pun!)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 12:06:37 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
DrDragon
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 12:13:35 pm »

Thanks.
I'm having trouble finding new clips that will work for the door seal. As soon as I get the seal on I''ll try again.
DrDragon
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 02:34:59 pm »

I secured the seal with about 6 clips that I had and carefully closing the door there is a tight seal.
 The unit started to frost again so I wicked up the water with a rag and checked the thermostat. It was set at full cold. I turned it to warmer by about a third of the travel. We'll see what happens.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 09:07:35 pm »

When I have a machine that the clips are rusted out I replace them with stainless steel screws with washers. It works just fine and you will never tell the difference.
DrDragon
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 05:50:15 am »

Thank you.
And as a follow up, the unit works fine now by just having backed off the thermostat a little.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: