SMC Discussion Areas
June 18, 2024, 08:15:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC 81 found on Craigs list tonight!  (Read 39393 times)
mdunn

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2009, 12:35:04 pm »

Guys,

Ok, back to my machine and my questions? So I removed the pannel inside the machine and its not embossed. It is flat as can be. So what i have here is a VMC 81 D than correct? Its a Generic VMC 81 correct? Is this a sought after machine? I really want something thats in as good shape as this is just complete and working as well since mine works fine.

Mike

Mike Dunn
Vintage German Motorcycles
www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2009, 01:20:53 pm »

Yes- you have a generic VMC-81 (D model).

It is desirable in that you can make it any flavor you like (ie. Barq's, Dr. Pepper, Squirt...whatever). It is not complete though because it has been converted to electric and you are missing the coin mech, coin box, cap catcher and possibly the linkage. You will also need to convert the stack back to mechanical if you want it back to original.
Could cost you $300-$400 (or more) to do so plus the cost of original porcelain signs if you want.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 01:24:26 pm »

I found a Generic VMC 81 as well about a month ago. Its currently being restored to Dr Pepper. I was offered $3k for it when I bought it.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
mdunn

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 02:53:28 pm »

Yes- you have a generic VMC-81 (D model).

It is desirable in that you can make it any flavor you like (ie. Barq's, Dr. Pepper, Squirt...whatever). It is not complete though because it has been converted to electric and you are missing the coin mech, coin box, cap catcher and possibly the linkage. You will also need to convert the stack back to mechanical if you want it back to original.
Could cost you $300-$400 (or more) to do so plus the cost of original porcelain signs if you want.

And let me guess I have one of the machines that you dont see or find alot of parts for?

Mike

Mike Dunn
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 03:30:30 pm »

Parts, original and repopped are readily available.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 03:30:47 pm »

And let me guess I have one of the machines that you dont see or find alot of parts for?

Mike
Chiming in here,... Parts will not be hard to find for your conversion, they are all standard in all the 81's so that will not be the issue.. Like said earlier, you're probably into another 400 in those parts however , but once you get them , your restorer will know what to do with them to make them work.
On another note, if your are looking to have a Coke Branded machine, I would not spend money restoring this one to Coke...Id sell this one or trade to someone who wants and "Off" Brand machine and then buy an embossed Coke Machine like a 81a,b or d model..

Good luck!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mdunn

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2009, 03:47:17 pm »

What I want is something working and just as nice and not destroyed. Mine is not perfect, we can see that. But it works, its in good straight shape and no bondo in it from what I can tell. I am in Southern CA and willing to trade someone.

Mike

Mike Dunn
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2009, 04:06:31 pm »

I've just looked at your website... Didn't realise there was such a big market for Gerrman Bikes... Anyway ,
Restoring a vending machine is going to be a complete wizz compared to what you do for a living...

If you do indeed have a generic machine why don't you keep it, invest in the missing parts, people here will probably be able to help or even Ebay..Won't take long to get them and then convert to your favourite off brand.. Everyone has Coke... Great for re-sale but from what I have read you want one to keep..

Do you do the machine guns and uniform too???

Dave
mdunn

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2009, 04:13:36 pm »

I've just looked at your website... Didn't realise there was such a big market for Gerrman Bikes... Anyway ,
Restoring a vending machine is going to be a complete wizz compared to what you do for a living...

If you do indeed have a generic machine why don't you keep it, invest in the missing parts, people here will probably be able to help or even Ebay..Won't take long to get them and then convert to your favourite off brand.. Everyone has Coke... Great for re-sale but from what I have read you want one to keep..

Do you do the machine guns and uniform too???

Dave

Dave,

German bikes are a good market too be in. As for my machine, I would keep it if it was meant to be a Coke machine but its not. Its also missing a few things and well that is a bit of a downfall. I want something to replace it with like a Vendo 81a or a Cavalier 72 ? Like i said, I would have to invest about $400 into this and well that is not what I wanted too do Sad
I am in Southern CA if anyone is interested? I was hoping to hear back from Terry Moody as well, he hooked me up last time.

Mike

Mike Dunn
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2009, 06:25:21 pm »

Here's a thought,
you're not limited to restoring the machine in a soda theme,  finish it in a BMW or Zundapp theme, and get an godly amount  of money for it from an avid enthusiast

Sgrug, have a cav96 ( square-top, relax!)  I will do one day in a Red Wings theme. The pusrists may hate me,  but damn it will  look cool

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: