SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 12:57:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideal 55 - When to part ??  (Read 3447 times)
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« on: May 29, 2009, 06:03:05 pm »

After removing the liner from my 7up slider - I've made the choice to part her out....  The guy who had it years ago didn't want water on his floor so he plugged the drain tube - rust heaven....   Tough call, but the back corners were rusted through and the bottom tray - beneath the liner was toast....Base was also full of hard rust...    I know I could have put it all back together, but I don't have the room or think it was worth the $$  so Ebay here I come....  I'm thinking of cutting out the embossed 7up sign - Has asnyone done this Huh???

Bob
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:31:41 pm »

Might want to keep the parts for a while... never know when a clean gutted one may pop...
A Nesbitt's did after I parted one out...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pat Pixley
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 07:37:04 am »

Got to agree with Eric,  keep the parts  you may run across a slider that you like that is missing parts.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 12:18:47 pm »

I agree, parts can be useful.

I had a guy come in last week who had just bought a "restored" Ideal 35. The
compressor was a newer style and was frozen, would not start. ( No oil inside it) !
        It had an Ideal 55 cap catcher and coin mech and lid hinges......this guy wanted
all original parts back on his machine. I had a complete 35 with a rusted cabinet and
ended up selling him just those parts for more than I could get for the entire machine.

I even cut the grill section out from under the loading door to use as his compressor
cover.  All I have left is the 35 slider rack and flapper if anyone is interested.

Glen
rugrunner
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 10:07:23 am »

Bob, I just posted a pic of what appears to be the same machine (to my newbie eyes anyway) that I might be getting. If so, I am sure I would be needing some parts.

Check out "what do you think" if you don't mind and tell me what you think. Thanks.
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 03:54:47 pm »

What may be plentiful today may be difficult to find in the not so distant future. Keep er whole and intact, neutralize the rust, and let her sit for awhile. Until another comes up and you need these parts to finish the other.

I have sheds full of stuff waiting for the time they will be put to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: