SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 12:21:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ebay/PayPal Policies: Repeat...  (Read 6176 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« on: May 17, 2009, 07:40:53 am »

I'm sorry for the redundancy but I couldn't find the specific topic that was posted here some time ago...

Can someone briefly explain the new policy and what can occur if a seller/buyer is dissatisfied with a particular item...?
I thought someone mentioned a seller has to wait for positive feedback before the PayPal payment gets released...?
What happens if, and can, a buyer cancel their PayPal payment after receiving an item that is deemed unacceptable...?

Thanks for any input ! ! !
      happydrinkers

My six cents,

Jim

collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 08:53:02 am »

I do not think that is true.
I withdrew funds within a couple of days after auctions end. Buyer feedback wasn't until a week or so later.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 07:50:35 pm »

Although I have decided this week that I am not going to use eBay anymore to sell the occasional item, I did sell an extra Mustang dash pad a couple of weeks ago. The buyer paid through Paypal last week. It shows up in my eBay messages as pending and their is a "claim payment" button. When I click on it, it links to Paypal, but it doesn't show any payment yet after almost a week. Anybody every experience this? I thought maybe it had to clear or something, but it isn't seeming that way now.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 10:28:49 pm »

I'd have to ask again just how it happened... But my friend sold a chainsaw on ebay...$300... shipped it off
when the money went into his account .. guy said he never received the saw and he got his money back
(drawn back out).. buddy was out of the $ and saw...
I don't sell enough and I don't want the hassle of the Paypal account... I had one but when the old credit card expired.. and I tried to put in the new one it would not take it (same number different exp. date)....
HATE it... so when I have bought I email the seller to see if they'll take a money order.... which most have..
If I sell I'm gonna state to contact me after the sale ends first to discuss payment and shipping...

Greedy cornered market...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 10:46:13 pm »

When I listed a coin mech recently, I wrote in the description that I would accept a MO. An listing error came back saying that I could not write 'money order' in the description. Once I removed those two words, the listing was accepted.  veryangry  veryangry

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 05:15:16 am »

I just sold a few things on ebay. I put MO in the ad and it got rejected as well. I ended up taking paypal and the money was there instantly, and didn't have any trouble spending it. My account is just with a CC still.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 08:52:12 am »

I liked EBay back when it was user friendly. And I bought a lot of stuff off the site. Occasionally I got ripped off, but mostly I received the items as they were described. But as changes were made I began to reduce the amount of time and money spent using the venue. Now I am buying next to nothing on EBay and I sell absolutely nothing on EBay.
My biggest issues are, I can not accept the Pay Pal policy which includes giving someone full access to my account, even after the deal was finalized, or supposedly finalized, and they will not allow the use of MOs.
I have also noticed a reduction in the number of items in the categories I shop in so I believe there are a lot of other people who feel the same way.
Now it is Craigslist and I stay within the local area. It hurts, but I am getting by. 
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 10:19:18 am »

I have sold for a long time on E-Bay and it use to be fun to sell on there. They have gotten VERY gready and have taken all the fun out of it. As a seller on E-Bay you really have no protection. If you accept your payment trough Paypal and send the item out and the buyer gets his item and decides he doesn't want it or says he never received it ( and really did) He can put in a claim to Paypal and they will automatically refund his money. Like said in an earlier post you are out the item, and out the money. Oo Where is the sellers rights Huh?
Has anyone tried selling on any other auction sites? At this point if anyone were to start a new auction sight I think it would take off. Everyone is sick of E-Bay shoving there policies down our throats. Craigslist is OK, but is very plain. They need to take an E-Bay format, and give E-Bay a run for there money.
Rod
Fun-Tronics  happydrinkers

Rod
Fun-Tronics
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 10:54:45 am »

There are a few other auction sites started. Unfortunately, there aren't near as many buyers on them.

This one seems pretty busy http://www.onlineauction.com/
This ones for video games... www.chasethechuckwagon.com
This was a partner to chuckwagon, now I think it has new owners.. not very busy yet, but promising if the word gets out.. http://www.vendazzle.com/

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 12:05:17 pm »

I noticed a lot of dealers on OLA that have moved from Ebay. I think most of them deal in small inexpensive items but it still looks like a trend. It sure would be nice to get an alternative site going.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: