SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 11:41:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who has had Boylan's  (Read 7874 times)
Pat Pixley
« on: February 27, 2009, 06:37:58 pm »

Just wondering if any of you guy's or gal's have had any
of Boylan vintage Soda  ? I bought a  4 pack today I thought
I would give it a shoot.

So if you have had it, pipe in and let me know.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 08:19:07 pm »

Boylans Black Cherry, orange cream and grape are my favorite sodas in the world... Their root beer and birch beer are very good also. I wasn't impressed with the cola. The orange soda is good too.... They also have a ginger ale I haven't tried. I don't like cream soda, but theirs is supposed to be very good also.. Their plant isn't far from my work, but they don't sell or do tours on site. Normally they go for $4 a 4 pack around here. I can get a 15 pack for $13 in one of the local groceries by me.

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:58:11 pm »

They sell A 15? pack of Boylan Diet Soda at Costco.  I think it had black cherry, cream soda androot beer.  It was good but they must use a lot of Splenda in it because it was much sweeter than I could handle.  The boys loved it!  It did vend very well from the USS-8-64.

drinking Tim drinking
Pat Pixley
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 11:13:41 pm »

Well I just got home and pop the top on a bottle of Boylan 's Grape and that was not
to bad , and to boot it fit well in the Vendo 56 so I think I will go out and buy one
or two  4 packs of the Grape drinking.
TechnoHat

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 11:27:07 pm »

I've had Boylan's. Their Root Beer isn't very good in my opinion. The Organic Root Beer might be better, but I haven't had it. The Grape, Orange, Orange Cream, Cream Soda, Black Cherry and Ginger Ale are all excellent. The Birch Beer and Creamy Red Birch beer are OK, but I'm not a fan of Birch Beer in general as I find it too chalky tasting.  Other than the Root Beer, I give Boylan's a big Thumbs-Up!
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 08:41:56 am »

I used to buy their Black Cherry, but can't find it anymore.  It was very good.  down
Sam's Club used to carry the 15 pack, but discontinued it. My Costco doesn't have it either.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
TomFromJersey
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 10:14:33 am »

As Bubba said, it's bottled here in New Jersey, so it's available in most deli's and liquor outlets. I like the grape, red birch beer, and ginger ale. Don't care for the root beer or cola.   
  Since the Chicago Show is right around the corner, I always wind up purchasing some soda at the show from retro soda. DR Pepper and Dad's root beer both made with cane sugar, they are my favorite, but pricey @ over $30 a case. They used to have Mt Dew with cane sugar but none for the last few years, if anyone knows where I can get this please let me know. The last I heard, a plant in GA was bottleing some. It's like rocket fuel for the kids.

Grapette Quickold Standard
AMI I200 AMI H200
Wurlitzer 61, 600, 700, 750, 800, 1080, 2100
Packard Musical Bar
Chicago Coin BandBox
15 remote speakers and counting
A bunch of Grapette stuff
Some really cool vending machines
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 02:00:14 pm »

Here in Oakland county Michigan, you'll find Boylan's at Nino Salvagio's market stores

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 02:35:47 pm »

Black Cherry is the best.  Costco only sells the diet now. 

I always throw in their suggestion box, at their door, to buy Boylan soda whenever I go with the wife.  Maybe if everyone writes a suggestion they might go for it.  I talked to corporate and their profit margin was too low.  I also tried to get Mexican Coke in the Chicagoland Costco's, but that didn't work either. 

A lot of stuff.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 09:46:19 am »

I just found some in San Antonio at the Central Market, so I picked up a 4 pack of Grape and one of Black Cherry.  You guys got my curiosity up!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 10:06:32 pm »

I have a good friend (former boss) who works for Boylan's out in Seattle. He says they are growing, but still underdeveloped as a brand.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Pat Pixley
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 10:18:28 pm »

Brian let your former Boss know the Grape was good , But there Need to be a Deposit on the
bottles  for MI, the Recycling would not even take the bottles  oh
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 09:41:01 am »

I will tell him. That is strange, as they should have a deposit on it. I will see if he can get us any coupons?Huh? I have never tried the brand.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 10:49:04 am »

I had the Black Cherry last night...two thumbs up!!  It's really good, can't wait to try the Grape now.  Brian, they had these and also the Ginger Beer, diet Black Cherry, and something else at Central Market, and were on sale.

Greg

GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 09:05:15 pm »

Had the grape tonight...fantastic!  Hey Pat, the bottles of grape I got have MI 10 cents deposit written on them.  Strange that the ones up there wouldn't!

Greg

TechnoHat

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 10:14:27 am »

Brian let your former Boss know the Grape was good , But there Need to be a Deposit on the
bottles  for MI, the Recycling would not even take the bottles  oh

All bottles sold in Michigan have deposit. If the store wouldn't take them back it's either because they don't sell Boylan's or else someone just forgot to punch the upc number into the returnable machine.  If the machine doesn't take it and they sell the soda at the store, just take the bottles up to the service counter for your deposit. My local Econo Foods sells A&W and have for years, but nobody ever bothers to punch the upc codes for the bottles into the bottle machine, so I always have to haul them up to the service counter. You also have to watch out for the clueless employee as well. I've had employees at various stores tell me they don't sell a particular brand when I know for a fact that I bought it at that very store and the bottles even have the stores distinctive price stickers on them still.
vendo39
10 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 01:21:46 pm »

I stopped by a World market store yesterday to pick up some Bulldog root beer.  They didn't have any but they were carrying a bunch of differnet Boylan's sodas.

Here's a store locater

http://www.worldmarket.com/content.jsp?sectionId=600

Brian

Vendo 39, 44, 56, 81B
Vendo Changer, early
Vendo Changer, late
Dr. Pepper Queen Anne
Nesbitts Ideal 85

Popperette, Stoner JR, Stoner 180,
Stoner Theater, Mills Candy, Canteen Candy
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print