SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 05:51:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun-Tronics At Chicago Show  (Read 6328 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« on: November 17, 2008, 05:02:33 pm »

WOW !!!!
Thats all I can say about the show. Janet and I enjoyed meeting everyone. We were very pleased with how everyone was so nice to us. We have always set up at the show, but never with a business like this. Janet will be busy for a week filling orders. It's great to put a face with a name. I did get a chance to shop the parking lot at 4:00 am in the morning. I picked up a nice counter top Glascock cooler and a Vendo 23 Deluxe. There wasn't as many machines as usual, but a lot of other neat items. I came real close to buying that Mills 47, but it looked like a real project that would have taken a lot of time and money to get back to original state.
I took several pictures of Janet and I set up at the show. The last picture shows John trying to get a discount on his parts. HA !! HA !!
Again we really enjoyed meeting everyone, and are really looking forward to the next show. biggrin

Rod
Fun-Tronics
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 05:25:38 pm »

laugh
The Best part of that Photo was that Rod had to retake it 3 times... so I got to hug Janet 3 times to get just the right photo!!!! biggrin blush
What Great people... Can't wait to make my next order and speak with them again!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 06:46:52 pm »

I am looking forward to placing an order with you shortly. I need a few things for a Standard and a Vendo 39.

When will you have your web site up and running?
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 07:37:19 pm »

The web sight should be up in a week or two. The web designer is still working on the catalog part yet. Look for it soon !! Cool

Rod
Fun-Tronics
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 07:53:45 pm »

I have it bookmarked already - can't wait to see it! I think Steve missed out on a lot of sales by not having one, so I'm glad you two a going to have one up and running.
Good Luck!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 08:40:32 pm »

Mills 47 any pictures?? Im very so much looking forward to your website.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 11:10:50 pm »

Hello, Rod & Janet
                            It was a Pleasure to meet both of you . Rod Could you let me in on the Glascock Counter top ?? Maybe a Pic ?? And What was the asking Price ?? I also have one & have'nt really any Ideal what there getting for them ? I restored mine & it has 2 of the original sign's in it .

By the Way Rod I was talkng with you when the Guy showed you pictures of a Scale he was selling & you went to look at it .Did You offer anthing on it ?

Leonard  ( Ltransam )

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 06:57:09 am »

Joey I didn't get any pictures of the Mills 47. It was in the guys truck and he never got it out. That thing is SUPER HEAVY.
Leonard I purchased my Glascock for $350.00 and it is in excellent condition. I will try and post a picture for you in the next couple of days. The scale that the guy was showing me, I went ahead and purchased it, and then the next day I sold it and made a few bucks. Janet wasn't real happy when I bought it. It's one of those things that is also SUPER heavy and she didn't think I could sell it. Well I guess I proved her wrong on that one. Just goes to show you that us men can be right once and a while.  biggrin
Rod

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 05:28:30 pm »

Leonard:
Heres a picture of the Glascock cooler that I purchased.
Rod  drinking

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 07:45:49 pm »

Great looking Glascock cooler & at a good price!  Does it look like it is all original?

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 08:50:12 pm »

Hi Rod and Janet, just wanted to say hi and hope all is well. Steve will be here on thursday, most of the day, late morning to mid afternoon. Need anything, give a call. You should see the Cigaromat machine I'm finishing up. KILLER KOOOOOOL! Anyone out there, I need one and a Stoner Coffee.

Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations.

Brian B: if you are reading this, I found your manual on the back seat of my car, though I had mailed it but my son, upon getting in the car, put it on the back seat, sorry but it's in the mail along with a Stoner instruction manual ( no charge ) I have been driving my truck.
Ltransam
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 01:48:02 pm »

Hi, Rod

Thanks for posting a Picture  :smile:And Price  Heres a pic of mine .It has 2 orginial signs (I have the other 2 ) and 2 repo signs . I also have the bottle opener stamped Star X 1925 .  And On a nother note I bought your catalog & when I got home I allready had it  smile tounge. So i gave it to my buddy . Guess I was Just to happy to met You & Janet and did'nt notice the year on it .

Leonard

Glascock Counter Top
VMC 81 7Up
Vendo-110-81D-V-56 V-23
Jacobs Pepsi-56
Stoner Cookie &5 Pull Pastry& 180 Candy
Kelvinator FS-51(Canada)
Cavalier's C-55-E-C-55-D
Selmix Sprite
Selmix Pepsi on Draugh
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 06:56:30 am »

Hi Leonard:
Your Glascock looks awesome. I want to finish mine in the original green color. Does anyone know the correct color to paint the Glascock? It was nice meeting you at the show Leonard,  Janet and I look foward to hearing from you.  Cool

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: