SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 01:23:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, One more SCAM?? or real... This one is a Credit Card Payment??  (Read 2213 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: October 21, 2008, 11:53:17 am »

Ok,
I know we've takled about the other scams out there.. this one is new to me? they are offering up a Credit Card Payment for all fees?? and then he say's after that clears then send him his Commission?? haven't seen the commission amount yet, but read the string below? I can't really see the harm to try to run the CC number and see what happens? If it works and I get cash, he can come pick it up, it won't be at my house but he can come to a location i designate... hmmmmm

Read below, bottom to top..
Hello John,

Thank you for your reply confirmation.

Our client agree with the total cost.
He will send you his credit card details directly to you for complete the order payment.I'll add on top of your price for our commission.After payment cleared you can send our commission and then I can start preparing to arrange pickup our client order.

Also write your address and phone number for preparing pickup.

Hope we can make a good business relationship.

Thanks
David

--- On Tue, 10/21/08, signguy@cokenstuff.com <signguy@cokenstuff.com> wrote:

Subject: re: Order
To: greenginspiration@verizon.net
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 2:18 PM

I really don't think UPS or Fedex will ship something of this size?
I'll be glad to package in a Crate for a fee... but you'll have to determine who is picking it up..

I think North American Van Lines will pick up the machine?

How do you want it crated

Total Machine, Professional Packaged and Processing Fees for Credit card Payment will be $3000 USD

Let me know how your paying for this and details of this transaction.
I will need to make sure this transaction can go through and I have cash in hand before I release the machine...

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 11:04 PM
To: signguy@cokenstuff.com
Subject: Order

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply,
Our client interested with these items;

- JACOBS 26  Qty: 1 unit

Please write me total price calculation include packing cost for this order.
You don't need to calculate shipping cost, I'll arrange pickup by UPS/FedEx for this item.

Look forward to hear from you

Regards,
David

--- On Fri, 10/17/08, signguy@cokenstuff.com <signguy@cokenstuff.com> wrote:

Subject: re: Inquiry Order
To: greenginspiration@verizon.net
Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 4:55 PM

Depends on what item your looking at purchasing, I have several peices that are for sale?
please let me know what item your buyer is interested in and I'll get you the price.
Do you arrange shipping or do i have to do that?

I can accept credit cards through Paypal or through another cc agent but have to charge an additiona 3% for the fees...

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: "Greeng Buying Agent" <greenginspiration@verizon.net>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 9:25 AM
To: " " <signguy@cokenstuff.com>
Subject: Inquiry Order

Hello There,

We are a buying agent from Asia, we helping expat customer, most of them don't really understand how to import to Asia, specially taxes & custom rule.
Our client interested to purchase your item and will complete the payment directly to you. What credit card are accepted for payment ??
As an agent I will put agency commission fees on top of your price. Please let me know if this is workable with you.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
David Lading
Greeng Buying agent

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 12:05:51 pm »

Yeah, an Asian export company without  it's own email domain -  The email is from Verizon.net.

This is  just another variation of the Western Union scam,   we'll send the money, send back the extra cash.  Substitute  charge card for Money Order...

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 12:15:04 pm »

John

I can only assume that they are using a cloned credit card... That it will clear initailly and you will forward on the money and eventually it will be noticed by the real owner...
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 12:18:55 pm »

Yeah - tell him to collect his own commision...any monies paid to you are yours.
How long do credit card companies have to process a chargeback to you if buyer fails to pay or disputes charge? 60 days I think?

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:09:26 pm »

That was what I was wondering? how long does the chargeback take? Oh well... I figured I'd follow up on it as anyone willing to pay 3k for  unrestored jacobs 26!!! we'll hello??!!!

Don't you wish you had all the time in the world just to try scams all day......

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: