SMC Discussion Areas
July 07, 2024, 02:22:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun-Tronics New Owners Introduction  (Read 10599 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« on: October 04, 2008, 12:58:11 pm »

Hi Everyone,
We are Rod & Janet Heuerman from Teutopolis, Illinois and we are the new owners of Fun-Tronics.  I'm sure you are all wondering who we are.  We are from central Illinois and Rod has been restoring coke machines for several years.  We are members of the Coca-Cola Club and the Coin-Op Club.  We have been collecting advertising memoribilia for over 15 years.  We do several shows every year with the next one being the Chicagoland Coin-Op Show.  We have heard there has been some confusion about who we are.  We are not the same people who bought out Home Arcade.

I'm sure all of you are wondering what is in Fun-Tronics' future.  Rod plans on continuing running his family business (trucking, sand & quarry business) and Janet will be running Fun-Tronics day to day operations.  Janet has some knowledge of restoring some machines but not all of them.  So, she may not have the answer for you right away, but will have Rod & Steve Ebner to consult with.  We should have a website up and going hopefully by the first part of November.  We are in the process of working on some new items and putting out a new catalog.  One of the new items that is almost complete is the medallion for the Vendo 81 which is a hard item to get.   We are going to try to make Fun-Tronics more accessible to you by enabling you to fax orders to us.  We are always open for your input for new items that need to be developed and welcome your comments.

Our first day open will be Monday, October 6, 2008.  Our hours will be 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday and Fridays by chance.

We apologize for any inconvenience Fun-Tronics being closed during this transition period has caused you.  We look forward to working with everyone!!
 happydrinkers

Rod & Janet Heuerman
Fun-Tronics, LLC
(217) 857-1759

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 02:32:43 pm »

We're just glad that you will keep Funtronics going.  Welcome aboard, and good luck in your new buisness. 

A web site is a great idea.  Funtronics needs one!!

A lot of stuff.
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 03:10:22 pm »

I would like to say welcome to the site, everyone here I'm sure feels the same and we are looking forward to all the new and great things that are in the future for Funtronics. As I had said, I will sure try and help in anyway I can, I know just getting up and running is no easy task but I'm sure you will do fine. Everyone here on this site has to be the best bunch of people you could ever ask to know, everyone always helps everyone. Welcome with open arms!

Curtis Kauffman, Memory Lane Restorations 301-991-3532
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 03:10:59 pm »

Congrats and good luck to you guys... Looking forward to talking with you on my next needs... Hopefully you'll stick around the forums here as well..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 03:25:05 pm »

Yes Welcome! happydrinkers

And if you're wondering what parts are needed to be produced run your ideas by here!
(Quikold gasket) Cool

Or if you need a question answered and get get hold of Steve.... Bet someone here could answer it!
Hope you make checking this site often part of your daily routeen.
How close are you to St. Louis?... Will you be setting up at the Chicago show? If not this fall
next spring and fall?....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 03:59:10 pm »

Hello Eric:
We are 2 hours straight East of St. Louis. on I-70. We are going to the Chicago show this fall. If things go well we are going to try and take some of Fun-Tronics with us.
Rod
 biggrin

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 08:01:05 pm »

I never got the chance to meet Rod face to facve, but I picked up my RT 56 and a Wurly OMT from him this pas winter ( yeah, the 24 hr  road trip of hell  Cool )and I can tell  you  he was great to work with.

Got a chance to  see  some of his restorations, and works in progess, I only can hope  my machines will turn out 1/4 as nice, and i would be happy.

Welcome aboard Rod  & Janet , wishing you both success

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 08:25:12 pm »

For those of you who did not get a chance to see the photo of Rod and Janet along with Steve and Nancy, here it is again. I guess you could say, out with the old and in with the new. Now I'm not saying Steve and Nancy is old but you know what I mean.

Curtis, Memory Lane Restorations.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 07:06:08 am »

Great to have you guys here at SMC and as the new owners of Fun-Tronics! It's really nice to get a chance to meet the people that play such a pivotal part in this lifestyle, er, I mean "hobby"! Welcome Aboard! biggrin

Brian
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 03:50:22 pm »

Welcome aboard!  I look forward to working with you all in the future as I restore some of my machines.  I'm glad the Funtronics name and business will be continued!

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: