SMC Discussion Areas
June 03, 2024, 12:55:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: westinghouse junior  (Read 2341 times)
64 ragtop

« on: September 01, 2008, 06:47:46 pm »

I'm not new here but more of a watcher than anything, but today I have a question. I found 2 westinghouse juniors  today. One in pretty nice shape just needs cleaned up, no dents, the other one with a few dents and just a little rust. These are strictly ice machines, what do you guys think they are worth. The seller asked for an offer but I think he wanted 500.00 to 600.00 for the pair.Any opinions would be appreciated.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:56:02 pm »

I love the junior,  have a Vendo  version that i will get back to rebuilding  one day, or make it a smoker for sausage, or maybe  trailer  ( um kidding)
That said, the market on them has really dropped due to the electric ( and ice) versions that are available.  They are great  machines for parties, decks, patios,  and  an original is way cooler than a reproduction. 

If you don't mind having to fill with ice,  then draining  the tank when it all melts, see if he will take 150 for one. 

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
64 ragtop

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:41:59 pm »

Yes I use my standard for parties all the time, even loan it to family members and it works nice. That being said the junior is just that much smaller and in my opinion in coke machines "the smaller the better".
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:09:18 pm »

Love these coolers... I had one and traded it... I also have a standard...
Which I prefer over the junior in the Coca-Cola brand.... just more embossing.... Just roll it out, fill with ice and use... Offer $300 for the pair... wouldn't be bad if they're both solid shape the cape catchers alone on that style are about $75 -$100 alone then the lids, if
solid and embossed, can bring $150 a piece.
Keep the better one and sell the other or see if he'll slit them up.
Good luck!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: