SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 05:05:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Cigarette Machine 9 Selection  (Read 5109 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« on: July 22, 2008, 06:55:47 pm »

A friend of a friend has one that he might be willing to part with.  He is trying to get me some pictures.  By the description, it is in the original brown finish and has the "script" cigarettes sign in the window above the vending area.  It is supposed to be a complete machine but it may need new locks.  Assuming the condition is good, unrestored--what is a good offer?  I would likely use it to vend candy cigarettes!

I believe it is the model depicted in the following link.

http://www.artomat.org/machine.php?site=66

Thanks for any input.

Tim
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:41:10 am »

Hey Tim,
I have the same machine for sale looking to get 350 for it. I have the keys.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 01:32:47 pm »

My friend thinks that I can get the one here in Michigan for under $200.  does that seem like a good deal?

Thanks!

Tim
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 04:48:42 pm »

I think I paid $150 for mine - $200 is still good too!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 02:48:03 pm »

Tim,

I paid $250.00 for mine a few years ago.   I bought it for the same reason, for dispensing candy, gum, and chocolate cigarettes.  The chocolate packs were a bit too wide.  You would have to manipulate the pack a bit so it would dispense.  The gum and candy fit perfectly.

I had a friend of mine photoshop the labels off the pack and then transfered them to a mylar sheet.  The images off of the pack are larger than the images used for the display window, so he had to shrink the image, but that made the image a little warped.  Not too bad though.  Here is a picture of my machine an the images that he made.  You can see that the Target brand of smokes has an oblong circle instead of a normal circle.

If you would like me to send you the images that he made, send me a P.M. and I will send the images.

Larry

A lot of stuff.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 03:03:57 pm »

Larry,

That is exactly what I had in mind.  Probably won't sit too well with the PC crowd  veryangry but I think it is an excellent use for an old cigarette machine!

Tim
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 05:01:26 pm »

The PC police are already pounding on my door.  help I only had one girl tell me that she took a pack of candy cigarettes home and placed it under her pillow for her mom to find.  I wasn't to pleased with that, well, O.K. I thought it was hysterical,  :laugh:but I kept my poker face on and told her that she shouldn't do that. down

Actually, it is one of the most popular machines down in my basement.  Especially when I made the mistake of showing my kids that if you blow through the gum cigarette, smoke will come out.

The candy cigs are dirt cheap, but the gum ones are expensive.

A lot of stuff.
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 07:15:11 pm »

Larry,

Thanks for passing along the graphics work.  Now I just have to get the machine.  The guy works crazy hours and I can't get out to see it until this weekend!  I have seen the candy cigs on a vintage candy web-site.  If I get the machine, I will have to consult you on the cheapest suppliers.

Keeping my fingers crossed. hopefull

Tim
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 08:48:58 am »

Larry,
where do you get your candy cigarettes... I would like to put some in my stoner Jr.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 11:30:20 am »

I have the information at work.  The best place for the candy cigs and cigars has a minimum order of fifty dollars.  I usually place a large order with them, but I can't think of their name right now. 

I have a cigar machine that I have been wanting to do.  When I get that one working, and if the gum and chocolate cigars work (I have some samples) then I will place a large order.  Probally in a year from know.

Groovy Candies is the place that I go to for a small order.  They're reasonably priced.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: